function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
wenchun zgwenchun zg 

Add visualforce page on record Edit page?

I researched a lot and didn't find any solutions, so far I only can add VF pages to record Detail page. I saw there was a Salesforce idea posted for long time  https://success.salesforce.com/ideaview?id=08730000000Br8CAAS , but it seems Salesforce still doesn't support this.

So is it possible to add visualforce page on record Edit page now?
Best Answer chosen by wenchun zg
Hargobind_SinghHargobind_Singh
Hi,

No, VF page cannot be added to Record Edit Page. If you really need dynamic functionality, you can always create a VF page for editing the records and add the fields you want to edit. THough this would be less flexible as page layout changes would mean updating the VF Page everytime. 

All Answers

Hi,

No, VF page cannot be added to Record Edit Page. If you really need dynamic functionality, you can always create a VF page for editing the records and add the fields you want to edit. THough this would be less flexible as page layout changes would mean updating the VF Page everytime. 

This was selected as the best answer
wenchun zgwenchun zg
Thanks for reply, so a further question is, can I utilize the standard Edit page by some VF component or controls, like  wrapping the standard Edit page to my VF page?

Thanks

You can use an iFrame to call Edit URL, and edit in it, and for redirection to your own page, you can pass Return URL parameter... but would be really tricky to manage.

I haven't seen any componenent that allows you to embed an edit page inside your VF page.

sweta singh 58sweta singh 58
Hi 
Did you find a solution for this to add a static text on record edit/create standard page
Davis d 9Davis d 9
Hi, I also need help I want to use it for my website (https://oldrollapk.com/" target="_self).