function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
VishyRamVishyRam 

Chatter Plus license with Enterprise Edition)

Folks,

I am trying to test the chatter plus user access to dashboard. understand by default they have access to only account, contact, activity dashboards. I am able to see account and contact related reports, yet when i click on the dashboard tab i get "Insufficient Privileges
You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary"

what am I missing here.
Since salesforce OOB does not have any account centric dashboard, I also created a dummy dashboard only with account & contact object to see if that will help. no luck. please let me know of other solutions or options to get this working. appreciated.

Best Answer chosen by VishyRam
ShashankShashank (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

This could happen when the license type of the running user on the dashboard is not the same as the license of the user who is accessing it. Change the running user of the dahsboard to a user whose license type is "Chatter Plus", and other chatter plus users will be able to access it.

If this answers your question, please mark this as the Best Answer for this post, so that others can benefit from this post.

Thanks,
Shashank

All Answers

ShashankShashank (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

This could happen when the license type of the running user on the dashboard is not the same as the license of the user who is accessing it. Change the running user of the dahsboard to a user whose license type is "Chatter Plus", and other chatter plus users will be able to access it.

If this answers your question, please mark this as the Best Answer for this post, so that others can benefit from this post.

Thanks,
Shashank
This was selected as the best answer
VishyRamVishyRam
Thanks again Shashank. cheers