function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SFDC coderSFDC coder 

how to register for developer maintenance exam?

hi all,

I would like to know the procedure of how to register for develoepr  summer maintenance exam.
i logged in to my developer account and followed the path
Register for a new exam--->developer exam--->
however i am unable to proced further as i get a pop up saying that you have already passed this exam.But i have only passed the Spring exam and i now i want to give my summer release exam

Someone please help

Best Answer chosen by SFDC coder
Sumitkumar_ShingaviSumitkumar_Shingavi
1. Number of questions varies from release to release (Generally from 5 to 15 questions and you have to finish it in 30 mins. always)
2. Credential expires if you don't give your release exam for 3 release and don't follow on date from certification.salesforce.com; So, better give your release exas right after they are available
3. You don't need to pay for first 3 release exam after your certification; after that you have to re-new it using $100 but you don't need to give exam again. This is collected as maintanace fees from Salesforce for your release exam which you get for 3 releases.
4. You can give 1 release exam twice and if you fail second time then you have to give actual cert. exam again.

I will encourage you to fairlessly take your release exam after reading release notes for that release.

PS: if this answers your question then hit Like and mark it as solution!

All Answers

PratikPratik (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

If it's showing that you have already passed the exam, then it should show it on your homepage on webassessor. If it's not showing and still pop-up is there then go to help and raise a case so your issue will be resolved.

Thanks,
Pratik
SFDC coderSFDC coder
thanks for your reply,

this is my home page

User-added image

do i need to rasie a case?
Kindly follow below steps:
1. Click on "Register for a new exam"
2. There should be a exam for release exam where you will see fees as $100.
3. Click on "Register"
4. Checkout and make payments
5. You are good to go immediately after payments.

SFDC coderSFDC coder
hi sumitkumar,
are you talking about this link?also why the exam fee is shown as free?and not proctored?what does this mean?

User-added image
Yes! Basically Salesforce gives you 3 release exam for free when you give Admin/Dev cert first time on that track. So, It sounds like you just cleared your cert and you have still some free exams but after 3 releases, it will ask you for registestration with $100 and it will again give you 3 more exams. Hope this helps!

Hi,

As it's showing free and still not allowing you to register/launch exam, raise a case by clicking on help.

Thanks,
Pratik
SFDC coderSFDC coder
hi all,

i would like to know how many questions do we get in our release exams?
Also what is the outcome if we fail to pass that exam?

Credential expires means waht exactly?
do we have to pay 200$ again to earn it again?

Thanks,
1. Number of questions varies from release to release (Generally from 5 to 15 questions and you have to finish it in 30 mins. always)
2. Credential expires if you don't give your release exam for 3 release and don't follow on date from certification.salesforce.com; So, better give your release exas right after they are available
3. You don't need to pay for first 3 release exam after your certification; after that you have to re-new it using $100 but you don't need to give exam again. This is collected as maintanace fees from Salesforce for your release exam which you get for 3 releases.
4. You can give 1 release exam twice and if you fail second time then you have to give actual cert. exam again.

I will encourage you to fairlessly take your release exam after reading release notes for that release.

This was selected as the best answer
+Sumitkumar:

4. You can give release exam 3 times, if you fail for 3 times then you will need to give main certification exam.

Thanks,
Pratik
SFDC coderSFDC coder
hi sumit,
can you also look into this one?

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=906F0000000AnYHIA0

thanks,
Rajeshwar PatelRajeshwar Patel
Hi , 
I completed Platform Developer Exam (SU16) . I get a mail like For maintenance exam for Winter 17 . but While regestering for maintenace exam I m not able to see any maintenance exam Option . I follow the Steps 
               Click on "Register for a new exam"
                 There should be a exam for release exam where you will see fees as $100.

But Not Able to see any Option . Pleasew any One help me Not Able see Maintenance Exam Option
Mats HolmqvistMats Holmqvist
Hi, Rajeshwar,

I have a similar situation. I like to maintain my force.com developer certificate status. 
Did this resolve for you?
Thxs
/Mats
Rajeshwar PatelRajeshwar Patel
yes its hepls to me ..Juat follw the Steps It will help you to find the Detail ..

Dilip NooliDilip Nooli
Hi I have same issue. Unable to find the option to register for maintenance Exam. Can any one pls help me to register for salesforce developer winter 17 maintenance exam.
Suresh_SoftsquareSuresh_Softsquare
I too have some issue. Did any of you managed to solve this?