function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SFDC n12SFDC n12 

Approval process help needed

Hi,

I am having an approval process with multiple stages of approvers , but req is 

if the approver is rejecting a specific record , i want to notify the user with an email which i have an email alert for it and apart from that i want the default out of box salesforce rejection mail to be sent to the customer

How do i enable it in my approval process in rejection

Help me with it please

Thanks in Advance
Best Answer chosen by SFDC n12
PratikPratik (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

The final Rejection Action, you will need to create an email alert with your email template. You can select your email template and add it; same will go as an email. You will have to add Rejection emails through email alert then only those will be sent to users.

Thanks,
Pratik

All Answers

Hi,

You can add email alerts in "Rejection action" of "Approval Steps" and also add Email alert to "Final Rejection Action".

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,
Pratik
SFDC n12SFDC n12
yes , for rejection action i have added an email alert with my custom email template

For the default out of box email template for rejection, should i add it in Final Rejection Actions

and what is the default  salesforce email template that salesforce provides for rejection(what should i include it in final rejection action)
Hi,

The final Rejection Action, you will need to create an email alert with your email template. You can select your email template and add it; same will go as an email. You will have to add Rejection emails through email alert then only those will be sent to users.

Thanks,
Pratik
This was selected as the best answer
SFDC n12SFDC n12
ok so there is no default email template provided by salesforce which is fired automatically on an rejection or approval right ?
Hi,

Salesforce will not send Approve/Rejection email by default , you will need to add it as an email alert in Aproval/Rejection action.
SFDC n12SFDC n12
got it , thanks dude