function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
praveen murugesanpraveen murugesan 

Generate new password and notify user in FUTURE

Hi  all,

I have one requirement from my client. As of now once the User record is created password confirmation email will send to user immediately, but they want to send the confirmation mail in future.

That is in user record we are having on date field. Based on that date confirmation mail need to send.

I tried this but its not much clear,
http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/6082/avoiding-the-password-notification-to-be-sent-to-the-user-on-creation

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Praveen Murugesan
RamuRamu (Salesforce Developers) 
The first part of your requriement can be taken care by using any api tools like dataloader, workbench to insert the users in bulk which will not reset the password.

Regarding the second requirement on notifying the users on individual dates, you might have to create an apex class and use the resetPassword() method. Regarding triggering this class/trigger at individual dates, you might have to review material available online

http://www.salesforce.com/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_calls_resetpassword.htm
Navee RahulNavee Rahul
Praveen Murugesan,

better you can write a sheduled job or trigger to send email based on the date field in the user record.??

Thansk
D Naveen Rahul.
praveen murugesanpraveen murugesan
Hi Ramu, Naveen,

Thanks.

@ Ramu,
First thing i am creating user from apex controller. So i can easily create user record with out sending email.
I need to send same mail on startdate which user will get on user creation. pls correct me if i am wrong.
u r saying using reset_password we can get temporary password for the user record. we can pass that to User so that he can login but how he will reset the password?

@Naveen,

I can write but i have no idea to send same email user will get on user creation.

Thanks.