function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dale stevedale steve 

I want to create a button on a activities related list in one of my custom objects Is It possible to create a button on it?

Best Answer chosen by dale steve
mjohnson-TICmjohnson-TIC
See below screenshots.
User-added image

All Answers

jp1234jp1234
I don't believe so.  Only way I can think of is creating your custom VF page that would mimick activities related list.
mjohnson-TICmjohnson-TIC
Yes, go to Setup -> Activities -> Task Buttons, Links, and Actions. Create a new list button for Task here. Go to the page layout you want to add it to, go to properties of the related list, click on buttons and add the new button to the layout.
dale stevedale steve
 Hi ,
         Creating a list button  is through using a vf page ? 
mjohnson-TICmjohnson-TIC
No not vf page, this can be done through the UI. Follow my instructions above to create the button.
jp1234jp1234
I'm not sure you can add Task Buttons to Activity History or Open Activities related lists (I'm assuming those are the related lists you were thinking of?), but I would definitely try what @mjohnson-TIC suggested first.  However, what I was suggesting was create a custom VF page that would have the same functionalities of the those related lists.
dale stevedale steve
Yea I want to add button to open activities related list  and Is there possibility of looking at the vf page of standard buttons so i can have the  same functionality for my new button  
dale stevedale steve
mjohnson ,
                      I tried all your steps its is not working for me 
mjohnson-TICmjohnson-TIC
See below screenshots.
User-added image
This was selected as the best answer
dale stevedale steve
Thank you so much I Really appreciate your effort but  My question is what should be the content source when I select a list button ? 
mjohnson-TICmjohnson-TIC
It depends on what you want the button to do. Do you want it to go to another url? Do you want it to execute javascript? Do you want it to go to a custom visualforce page?
dale stevedale steve
Thanks 
jp1234jp1234
If that worked for you, you should mark one of mjohnson-TIC's reply as the best answer :)