function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AlokVAlokV 

Populating contacts associated with opportunity account

Hi All,

I have created a contact lookup on poortunity page. I want to populate only those contacts associated with opportunity account.
I tried with related lookup filters. It works fine when I enter some contact name in the lookup field.
I want to populate the lookup with contacts associated with opportunity account when there is nothing entered in the lookup field.
Is there any workaround?
Any help would be appreciated.
User-added image
Let me explain again. I want to populate contacts associated with opportunity account even when there is no value in Primary Client Contact.

Regards,
Alok
SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 

Did you use the Dependent lookup filters:https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=fields_lookup_filters_dependent_lookups.htm&language=en_US

if you implement this and click on the magnifying glass to select contacts - it should only show the ones related to the Account(controlling field)

AlokVAlokV

Yes Sonam, I have implmented for this lookup filters but this does not seem like working.

User-added image

It does not display any value when I click on the magnifying glass if I don't type anything in Primary client contact. It displays no records were found even when I have many contacts associated to the opportunity contact. Please see the below screen shot.

User-added image