function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ian MacomberIan Macomber 

Custom Chatter Actions in Salesforce Communities

I'm seeing an issue with getting custom actions to show consistently in the list of Chatter actions when using Salesforce Communities.  Here's what I've done:
  • Create a very simple "Hello World" Visualforce Page.
  • Created a new custom action that uses the previously mentioned Visualforce Page.
  • Add the previously mentioned custom action to the global layout so that it will appear in the list of actions within Chatter.
At this point if I go to the Salesforce home page within the internal Salesforce org (i.e. NOT the community) I am able to see the new, custom action I just added.

Also, when I first switch over to my community I still see the custom action that I just added to Chatter.  However, in the left-hand nav, if I click on the link for "People" and then click on the link to back to "Feed" I see Chatter load up, but my custom action is not present.  If I refresh that page I see my custom action again.

This feels like it may be a bug somewhere in the Salesforce platform but I wanted to reach out to my peers for confirmation of that or helpful solutions to work around this issue.
ShashankShashank (Salesforce Developers) 
I am able to repllicate the issue. Could you please raise a case with salesforce developer support to get this addressed? If you do not have premier support, please email me at ssrivatsavaya@salesforce.com with your org Id and detailed replication steps and mention this post.