function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Krishna Reddy PKrishna Reddy P 

Converting Master Detail to look-up relationship

The child object has two master objects. master1 has rollup summary field. Whereas master2 does not have any rollup summary field. I want to convert master2 field to look up. But I am not getting "Change field type" button on edit. Can someone help! Very urgent..
Best Answer chosen by Krishna Reddy P
Sagar PareekSagar Pareek
This is generally due to one of the following:

a) The master object has an existing Roll Up Summary field for data on the child object. In this case it is necessary to delete the Roll-Up Summary field on the parent object to permit the Master-detail field type to be changed.

b) There is a cross object Workflow Field Update defined for the child object to update a record on the parent. Cross object field updates only work on master detail relationship. In this case it is necessary to delete the cross-object field update to permit the Master-detail field 

All Answers

Sagar PareekSagar Pareek
This is generally due to one of the following:

a) The master object has an existing Roll Up Summary field for data on the child object. In this case it is necessary to delete the Roll-Up Summary field on the parent object to permit the Master-detail field type to be changed.

b) There is a cross object Workflow Field Update defined for the child object to update a record on the parent. Cross object field updates only work on master detail relationship. In this case it is necessary to delete the cross-object field update to permit the Master-detail field 
This was selected as the best answer
neel mohapatra 2neel mohapatra 2
Deleted all the Roll up summary feild on the parent object, could not see the "Change field type" button on edit. so deleted all the roll up summary in the app, still i am not able to see the "Change field type" button on edit.