function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Girish ParwaniGirish Parwani 

Create Account Reviewer profile

To Create Account Reviewer profile with only read only access to account object, with salesforce license type, which profile should i clone to be able to create this profile without having the need to uncheck edit / create / delete buttons for so many objects to which standard profiles with salesforce license have access to.
Best Answer chosen by Girish Parwani
Shailesh DeshpandeShailesh Deshpande
HI Jim,

There is a Standard "Read Only" profile which provides read access to most Standard objects. You can clone this profile, keep the "Read" option checked for Account object and uncheck the "Read" option for the objects that you dont want to expose.

Thanks,
Shailesh.

All Answers

Shailesh DeshpandeShailesh Deshpande
HI Jim,

There is a Standard "Read Only" profile which provides read access to most Standard objects. You can clone this profile, keep the "Read" option checked for Account object and uncheck the "Read" option for the objects that you dont want to expose.

Thanks,
Shailesh.
This was selected as the best answer
Sunny NiuSunny Niu
Why I unable to see the edit page layout ?  Is there anyone know the reason? I am doing this 'Create an Account Reviewer profile', then I clone this standard user profile and set only read authority for account object, but it does not work. I search answers about it, many people said need to Edit custom profile, but I unable to see that.

Is there anyone can tell me how I can see its edit custom profile? 
Banshi LalBanshi Lal
customize module--> user interface -- > uncheck the Enable Enhanced Profile User Interface option. 
go to profiles and you can see all objects with their acess specifiers, uncheck it will solve your problem. 
CoachTerriCoachTerri
I've found 2 places where read only can be given, but I'm unable to change. Thanks to anyone who can help.
I've disabled the enhanced, and still can't edit. The read-only profile also has edit access for account name and owner.
User-added image
User-added image