function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ventoreroventorero 

Opportunity tab VF page

Hello salesfroce masters,

I created a custom visual force page to replace the opportunity landing page once the user clicks on the opportunity tab - the goal is to eliminate the 'new' button

for refference this is the page source:

<apex:page showHeader="true" tabstyle="Opportunity" rendered="true"> 
    <apex:ListViews type="Opportunity" /> 
</apex:page>

1.Is there a way to make everyone fall on the same public view?
2. is there a way to render only the body and not the whole page once the user clicks on the opportunity tab and redierected to this page?

Thanks!
Maor
David ZhuDavid Zhu
If you just want to remove "New" button, you may do it through point and click.
Opportunities -> Search Layout -> Click "Edit" beside "Opportunities List View" -> Uncheck "New(New)".

You can replace your landing page of Opporunity tab by replace the tab page.
Opporunities -> Buttons, Links, and Actions -> click "Edit" beside "Opportunities Tab" -> select "Visualforce Page" and choose your own page.

to make everyone use the same public view.
I would suggest go to each view type, set the restrict visibility accordingly
ventoreroventorero
Hi - thanks for taking the time to reply. i could take out the new button from the list view and also make everyone see the visual force page.
Im still stuck with the 2 questions:
1. when they click on the tab it renders the whole page - i wanted to know if there is a way to render only the body
2. can i make everyone see the same public view when they click on 'opportunity' tab.
like adding a view id to the code (which is not working) - <apex:ListViews type="Opportunity" id='abc123' /> 

thanks
David ZhuDavid Zhu

try replace line <apex:listviews> with this:

<apex:enhancedList type="Opportunity" height="300" rowsPerPage="25" listId="00BG0000007s0v3"/>

you need to replace 00BG0000007s0v3 to your own list db id.

No sure if this is what you want.

Cyrus TalladenCyrus Talladen

1. when they click on the tab it renders the whole page - i wanted to know if there is a way to render only the body 

What we can do here is append "sidebar = false header=false tabstyle=home" on the apex:page attribute so we can keep our tabs but hide the basic sidebar view.

2. can i make everyone see the same public view when they click on 'opportunity' tab. like adding a view id to the code (which is not working) - <apex:ListViews type="Opportunity" id='abc123' /> 

This is where you have to write a controller for this page such that when you use page block you are able to access that Opportunity (or list of opporunities) by using the properties set on the controller.  see this link in the docs: 

Cyrus Talladen
CRM Engineer
www.levementum.com

Sunil Shah 8Sunil Shah 8
Thanks Maor for sharing the code :)