function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Darren DoudDarren Doud 

Implementing Roll-up Summary Challenge Failed

I receive this error when I check my challenge.

User-added image
Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
An account with a related opportunity did not calculate the correct potential value.

The task was to Create a rollup summary field that determines the potential value of the opportunities associated with an account.
Add a custom field to the standard account object that provides a rollup summary of the total expected revenue from all related opportunities.The rollup summary field should be labeled 'Potential Value' and have the Field Name of 'Potential_Value'. The resulting API name should be 'Potential_Value__c'.
The rollup summary should calculate the total expected revenue of all the opportunities related to the account.

Here is a snap shot of my work. Any suggestions as to why this is failing?

User-added image

Thanks,
Darren
Best Answer chosen by Darren Doud
Sandeep BhanotSandeep Bhanot
Yes, I would recommend signing up for a free, new DE Org (https://developer.salesforce.com/signup) and then attempting the challenge there. Note that if you've already earned some points/badges using your existing DE Org, you can continue to use those credentials to login to Trailhead. Just connect to the new DE Org when you're ready to verify the challenge.

All Answers

Your solution looks right to me and so not sure why you're getting that error message. Can you confirm that you're attempting this challenge in a fresh new DE Org? If not, there may be some old validation rules or triggers in your Org that are interfering with the challenge check. Thanks
Sandeep 
Darren DoudDarren Doud
I thought that may be the case Sandeep. Do I create a new account to get a fresh new DE Org?

Darren
Yes, I would recommend signing up for a free, new DE Org (https://developer.salesforce.com/signup) and then attempting the challenge there. Note that if you've already earned some points/badges using your existing DE Org, you can continue to use those credentials to login to Trailhead. Just connect to the new DE Org when you're ready to verify the challenge.
This was selected as the best answer
Darren DoudDarren Doud
I created a new DE Org and it worked like a champ. Thanks Sandeep.
Trevor RoyTrevor Roy
I've already got a pile of logins to juggle so I'd rather not create yet another one to get around this error. Any chance someone can rund down what the problem actually is?

I gave it a go and tried adding the field it was complaining about to the Account (in my case it was Discount_Percent__c) but with no luck.
For now I'm skipping out on this topic and forfeiting the badge.
Satyanarayana PusuluriSatyanarayana Pusuluri
Hi,

It's working fine as below.

Create a Roll-Up Summary field (Potential_Value__c) in Account Object as below

User-added image

Thanks & Regards,
Satya P

Paul GogginPaul Goggin
Likewise I'm getting this error, and similarly i don't want to have to sign up for a second dev org. i guess i'll have to work on a diffrent badge.
grrr
Khan JavedKhan Javed
Hi Satyanarayana Pusuluri it working fine in my org. make field to Aggregate Potential Value to Expected Revenue.
krishna shashankkrishna shashank
how to select from setup??
Yoga Srinivash RajaramYoga Srinivash Rajaram
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING, Required fields are missing: [X20__c]: [X20__c]
Alexey Gemberg 6Alexey Gemberg 6
I have the same problem how in the top of topic. Can anyone say me how is new account connect with old one or how is account reset? Because I've tried to do on the new account and I've done with success. Thanks in advance!
Srizan GangolSrizan Gangol
Guys I am getting this very weird Message:
User-added imageAny idea??
Srizan GangolSrizan Gangol
Nevermind, there was an account tigger that was causing it!
Karen McKenna-VeliotisKaren McKenna-Veliotis
I too am having an issue trying to complete this challenge. I had built my field the same way as @Satyanarayana Pusuluri but got an error message. Please see below:

User-added image

User-added image
I don’t understand why it is says I am missing “Discount Percent” when I am looking for “total expected revenue”.
But I changed the “Field to Aggregate to Discount Percent”.
User-added image

And got the same error message. I exited out of SFDC and went back in and got the same results. Any help would be appreciated it. Thank you!

Nathan TalbettNathan Talbett

I'm also having an error too.

There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, Lead source is required: []

Eddy ZulkiflyEddy Zulkifly

Hey Karen, for the discount percent problem. I think its because of a previous challenge you've made. I had the same error and to fix it

1. Go to fields on Opportunities

2. Find the custom field for discount percent

3. Edit the discount percent

4. Uncheck the required field (The error occurs because the checker sees that you made the discount percent required)

It should work fine afterwards

Thomas KinsfatherThomas Kinsfather
Thanks Eddy. This resolved the Discount Percent error. 
Val RonjinVal Ronjin
Thanks Eddy!
Mickel De BaereMickel De Baere
Thanks Eddy, this was indeed the help I needed to resolve the issue :)
Karen McKenna-VeliotisKaren McKenna-Veliotis
Hi @eddyzulkifly  I am so sorry for the delay. I finally got back to this and it worked!!!! Thanks so much!
Jess BurghJess Burgh
User-added image
Hey all! Got this error message when trying to finish this challenge. Any suggestions on what to do??
Alexander Hodes 2Alexander Hodes 2
Jess I also had this issue but I followed the steps Eddy suggested on the discount percent field and it resolved the problem.
Jess BurghJess Burgh
Thank you Eddy and Alexander! It worked and earned the badge!!
Nolan S. Code, MBANolan S. Code, MBA
User-added imageAll I'm doing exactly as you describe above but I'm still getting this error message:

User-added image
I can't do it from a new DE.org because the points and badges don't seem to be carrying over. Please advise...
Dan GillhamDan Gillham
I am having an issue on the Implement Roll-Up Summary Fields Hands-on Challenge section. I have the rollup summary field should be labeled "Potential Value" which is summarizing the value of Opportunities. The custom field is setup as below.

User-added image

The Account Detail clearly shows the summary  'Potential Value' of all the Opportunities.

User-added image

So, why is the "check challenge" still rejecting it saying the following?
By the way, I have a valid account which doesn't reject other challanges.

User-added image

Narayanaswamy NatarajanNarayanaswamy Natarajan
@Dan : The 'Field to Aggregate' needs proper selection from the dropdown. You need to select 'Expected Revenue'. Further, cross check the steps provided by Eddy in the above comments. If these are taken care of, you should be able to complete the challenge. 
Dan GillhamDan Gillham
I do see the potential value field was set to the "Amount" pull-down instead of the "Expected Revenue" pull-down selection incorrectly suming the amount of the sale rather than the expected revenue. I have changed the selection which gives the correct Potential Value of $17,800 which is exactly the sum of the two opportunities ($7,800 and $10,000). The check challenge is still failing stating that "An account with a related opportunity did not calculate the correct potential value."

I suspected that it has something to do with the opportunity being in the "Stage" of Closed so I added the following criteria to sum the value only if the Filter Criteria "Stage EQUALS Prospecting, Qualification, Needs Analysis, Value Proposition, Id. Decision Makers, Perception Analysis, Proposal/Price Quote, Negotiation/Review." This did not correct the issue so still looking for ideas on how to pass the check challenge?

Dan GillhamDan Gillham
Ok, please ignor the last statement since I was grasping at straws there. It doesn't have anything to do with it as it seems now, but...
This still isn't working. I have gone to YouTube and viewed a number of folks who I have followed exactly and could pass the challenge but I still get the error message; Challenge Not Complete

My setup is shown to the right below:
                                      Setup

The Account roll-up excerpt: Result
Since my two opportunities were $100,000 each and were at the "Needs Analysis" stage giving a system calculated "Probability" of 20% or the Expected Revenue of 2 x $20,000 or $40,000. I can't see that this is anything but correct. 
The Any help on why the error is thrown would be appreciated!
Elizabeth SElizabeth S
This is the second error of this nature in the module.    I am unable to save the new API Name with 2 underscores ...__c, so if I can it Potential_Value_c, it is not the same name as the exercise is looking for.    My DE is on classic still.   Is there somehow an exception to API Naming convention in Lightening to allow for these proposed names that seem to violate naming requirements?
User-added image
Dan GillhamDan Gillham
Elizabeth, I used Lightning Experience to create "Potential_Value__c" (shown below) and had no problems and...

User-added image

I went to the classic view and see that it is there also. Not sure why you can't save it.

User-added image
Dan GillhamDan Gillham
Good News on the above "Potential Value" challenge mentioned above that was giving me trouble. I found that if I complete this in the Classic View, Trailhead gives me credit for it. If I complete it in Lightning Experience then it fails. Other Hikers beware!!!
Saurabh Sood 8Saurabh Sood 8
Implementing Roll-up Summary Challenge Failed
I receive this error when I check my challenge.

User-added image

Any suggestions as to why this is failing?
Dan GillhamDan Gillham
Darren, The problem was resolved by doing the challenge in Salesforce Classic instead of in Lightning Experience. When I did that the challenge passed with no issues. Dan
Dan GillhamDan Gillham

Saurabh,

You may have already corrected your problem but if you haven't. Look carefully at the "Duplicate record" statement in the error message above. My first guess is that it would be in Accounts.
Saurabh Sood 8Saurabh Sood 8
Dan,
yeah it is already created thanks.
SHASHI BHUSHAN 28SHASHI BHUSHAN 28
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, Please provide a reason for the closure: [Close_Reason__c]

SHASHI BHUSHAN 28SHASHI BHUSHAN 28
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, Please provide a reason for the closure: [Close_Reason__c]User-added image
SF_SivaSF_Siva
Hi,
 I'm training to do 'Potential Value' trailhead challenge, and I'm getting the following error:
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING, Required fields are missing: [Text_1111__c]: [Text_1111__c]

I tried to follow the steps mentioned by 'Eddy', but could not find the check for this field to make it 'Not Required'. whether I'm missing any steps here..pls' let me know.

Erika Villafane 13Erika Villafane 13
Hello everyone: Is anyone from Salesforce actually reviewing this forum? 
I already checked all documentation and failed to complete the challenge; I am sure I have the right answer as the summary shows up on my org and already checked other´s answers. 
I just keep getting the same error: Error Occurred: This error occurred when the flow tried to create records: REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING: Required fields are missing: [AccountId]. For details, see API Exceptions (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api.meta/api/sforce_api_calls_concepts_core_data_objects.htm).
Please help? I already spent so much time in a simple unit...
Thanks

Maria C.Maria C.
I had a different issue with this challenge but the reason was the same and the solution worked for me.
My issue was, Expected Revenue wasn't even one of the options I could choose!
After seeing what the resolution was here, I tried the same. I switched to Trailhead Playground 2 (ensure you're in a different org - look at the URL) and retried the steps there. It worked!

I still don't know why the issue occurred but it must be related to one of the previous challenges I've done. I'm starting to see why there's a need for multiple orgs and playgrounds. I might have to delete my existing ones and start from scratch soon.
Melanie SturmMelanie Sturm
Thanks Eddy!  When I read that the error had something to do with Discount Percent, it triggered a memory having to do with that custom field created earlier on.  It would have taken me forever to make the connection.  You saved the day!
Shilpa Tailor 7Shilpa Tailor 7
I'm training to do 'Potential Value' trailhead challenge, and I'm getting the following error:
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed.User-added imageUser-added image
Sajjan GuptaSajjan Gupta
User-added image

Why do I not see Expected Revenue? 
Sajjan GuptaSajjan Gupta
Nevermind, Switching the playground worked for me!
Shivani Kukreja 10Shivani Kukreja 10
I can't see standard expected revenue (Currency) field in the drop down for Field to Aggregate.Please help.Infact changing the playground is also not working for me :(.
TEST Account 203TEST Account 203
I am facing the same issue. Amout or Expected revenue is not available as a field to agregate.
TEST Account 203TEST Account 203
Disabled setting "Advanced Currency Management" to get this fields available to Aggregate.
Mandeep singh 97Mandeep singh 97
In my case triggers was causing problem, and i was able to solve it by setup > apex trigger > AccountDeletion trigger > edit > uncheck "isActive" > save. So it stopped giving the DML exception for deletion and was able to verify the challenge.
Ezinhotel TecchEzinhotel Tecch
It worked . I was having some validation rule on Account number.
Potientialvalue
francis oshobfrancis oshob
" Amout and Expected revenue are not available as fields to agregate." I had this issue initially, but was resolved after I created a new "My Trailhead Playground". Please see Sandeep Bhanot's post. Thank you Sandeep Bhanot - Best Answer.
Rajiv Roy 16Rajiv Roy 16
Signing up for Free New De Org definitely a possible way out. But why cant we read and understand what is the issue here which is mentioned in the Error:
Challenge not yet complete in My Trailhead Playground 1
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING, Required fields are missing: [Commit_Value__c]: [Commit_Value__c]
It is not about only earning badge but it is about reading the issue and understanding it. 
Rajiv Roy 16Rajiv Roy 16
So the Solution came this way,

1. In opportunity i created the commit value 
2. In Accounts i created the object Expected revenue which  will be either = to the Commit Value or = to the Annual Revenue 
3. Deleted some of the custom fields that were created while doing the practice.

Focus was on Commit Value, Expected Revenue as the term  and most importantly removed the unnecaessary fields. Then create the oppotunities to see the results..

The Challenge has been done; so my idea is we should be able to translate what an error is telling rather than just create a new DE Org.
Please check on your Org and confirm if the resolution works for everyone.
Koen HupKoen Hup

The solution for not seeing the Expected revenue field to choose as SUM in "Potential value" is disabling multiple currencies.
In earlier exercises I added EUR as a currency. When aggregating the SUM of expected revenue probably there are Opportunities in USD and in EUR (for the same account in 2 currencies perhaps?), therefore you cannot choose "Expected revenue" as a field to aggregate.

I found this out by creating a new custom field Expected revenue (Expected_Revenue__c). In the properties of this field it said:
"Multiple currencies are enabled. You must set decimal places for each currency through Manage Currencies instead."

That brought me to the idea of disabling multiple currencies.
Problem solved!

harshita verma 20harshita verma 20
I also got the same error but changing playground worked for me. I created the new playground and then challenge completed.
Priyanka SatputePriyanka Satpute
For this challenge create the custom field on the Account object with roll-up summary field type
User-added image
Walter BarletWalter Barlet
I had to make none required to some new added fields on the object.
Faisal AbbasiFaisal Abbasi
Hi,
Any clue why Amount is not shown under Field to Aggregate picklist/dropdown?

Joisy Joy 6Joisy Joy 6
Switching the trailhead account seems to resolve the issue for me. 
Amber Riley 3Amber Riley 3
Just wanted to say that I was also failing this challenged, but followed Eddy Zulkifly's steps mentioned above:

1. Go to fields on Opportunities
2. Find the custom field for discount percent
3. Edit the discount percent
4. Uncheck the required field (The error occurs because the checker sees that you made the discount percent required)
It should work fine afterwards

My error did not mention anything about discount percent.. rather it said: "We created an account with one opportunity. We expected the account's 'Potential_Value__c' field to show the amount of that one opportunity, but it didn't."

When I created some Opportunities earlier in the module it required Discount Percent. I removed the requirement for Discount Percent then removed that percentage on both Opportunities I created and I passed the challenge.

Wish the error message was more clear when doing this challenge, but thankful that there was a resolution mentioned above that didn't involve me creating another Org.
Maria Isabel Fernandez-Andes LopezMaria Isabel Fernandez-Andes Lopez
I had the problem that it did not let me choose the expected revenue field in the picklist,  but disabling Avanced currency managed worked.
1 From Setup, enter Manage Currencies in the Quick Find box, then select Manage Currencies.
2 Click Disable.
3 When prompted, select Yes, I want to disable Advanced Currency Management and click Disable.

Andreas ReinoldAndreas Reinold
Thank you Eddy!
Nadine AwsyNadine Awsy
It works for me by Creating the Account New Custom field ny selecting the Roll up summary type:
User-added image
Kavita NairKavita Nair
Thanks a lot @Eddy Zulkifly. Followed the steps mentioned and it worked.