function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
John BraunJohn Braun 

VisualForce - Dynamic/Conditional page layout

Hi Community,

I'm trying to learn how to build dynamic/conditional page layouts with Visualforce. Specifically, on an edit page, selecting a picklist value and having the VF page auto render a new section of fields. I'm trying to copy an example from the web but keep getting errors when I save my example. Would anyone be willing to take a look at my markup and let me know why it's failing? The error I get is:

Error: VFAgreementPage line 41, column 11: The element type "apex:form" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</apex:form>"
[Error] Error: The element type "apex:form" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</apex:form>".

However, I'm sure I do have a end tag for  </apex:form>

Please see my code below:

<apex:page standardcontroller="Agreement__c">
    <apex:sectionheader title="{!$ObjectType.Agreement__c.label} Edit" subtitle="{!IF(ISNULL(Agreement__c.Name), 'New Agreement',Agreement__c.Name)}"/>
    <apex:form >
        <apex:pageblock mode="edit" title="{!$ObjectType.Agreement__c.label} Edit" id="thePageBlock">
            <apex:pageMessages />
            <apex:pageblockbuttons >
                <apex:commandbutton value="Save" action="{!Save}"/>
                <apex:commandbutton value="Cancel" action="{!Cancel}"/>
            </apex:pageblockbuttons>
            <apex:actionRegion >

<!-- **********   [Record Type : Product Specific Agreement ]   **********  -->
            <apex:outputpanel rendered="{!CASESAFEID(Agreement__c.RecordTypeId)='012Z00000009CMCIA2'}">
                </apex:outputPanel>
                <apex:pageblocksection title="Information" showheader="true" columns="2">
                    <apex:outputfield value="{!Agreement__c.Name}"/>
                    <apex:inputfield value="{!Agreement__c.Client__c}" required="true"/>
                    <apex:outputfield value="{!Agreement__c.RecordTypeId}"/>
                    <apex:inputfield value="{!Agreement__c.Opportunity__c}" required="true"/>
                    <apex:pageBlockSectionItem >
                    <apex:outputLabel value="Agreement Type"/>
                        <apex:outputPanel >
                    <apex:inputfield value="{!Agreement__c.Agreement_Type__c}">
                        <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" rerender="thePageBlock"
                                                    status="status"/>
                    </apex:inputField>
                    <apex:actionStatus startText="applying value..." id="status"/>
                    </apex:outputPanel>
                    </apex:pageBlockSectionItem>                                
                    <apex:inputfield value="{!Agreement__c.Status__c}" required="false"/>
                </apex:pageblocksection>
                </apex:actionRegion>             
                <apex:pageblocksection title="Term" showheader="true" columns="2">
                                rendered="{!Agreement__c.Agreement_Type__c == 'DP PDS Project Specific PDS Service Agreement'}">
                    <apex:inputfield value="{!Agreement__c.Effective_Date__c}" required="false"/>
                    <apex:inputfield value="{!Agreement__c.Auto_Renewal__c}" required="false"/>
                    <apex:inputfield value="{!Agreement__c.Initial_Term_Expiration_Date__c}" required="false"/>
                    <apex:inputfield value="{!Agreement__c.Auto_Renewal_Term__c}" required="false"/>
            </apex:pageblock>           
    </apex:form>   
</apex:page>
Sampath KumarSampath Kumar
Hi John,

From your code, i can see you are ending <apex:pageBlock> twice, Following is the code, can you remove one <a/pex:pageBlock> which is third line from the last and save it.

<apex:inputfield value="{!Agreement__c.Auto_Renewal_Term__c}" required="false"/>
      </apex:page>

Please mark this as best answer if it work to make this community clean and re-usable..Try and let me know if it work for you..

Regards
Sampath Kumar Goud