function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sam malsam mal 

Process builder

Hello,

Im new here and looking for some help to build a process builder.
Basically, I would like to have a case created every time a client respond to a close case by email.
If someone has any idea on how to setup that in Lightening process builder.

Thanks
Best Answer chosen by sam mal
Anupam RastogiAnupam Rastogi
Hi Sam,

Assuming that you already have Email-To-Case configured in your SFDC Org, here are the Process Builder steps you need to create - 

1. Create a New Process Builder with object = Email Message
2. Choose the following criteria
         Criteria for Executing Actions* = Filter conditions are met
         Filter Condition = EmailMessage -> Case ID -> Closed = True
         Filter Conditions* = All of the conditions are met (AND)
3. When the criteria is true, add action to create a new Case record. Set all the required fields for this case with appropriate values.
4. Activate

And you are done. Test by sending an email for a closed case and it should do two things.
1. Create an Email Message for the closed case which you can see in the related list for the Emails below the Closed Case
2. Create the new Case record

Thanks
AR

If you found this reply useful that solved your problem then please mark it as best answer.

All Answers

Hi Sam,

Assuming that you already have Email-To-Case configured in your SFDC Org, here are the Process Builder steps you need to create - 

1. Create a New Process Builder with object = Email Message
2. Choose the following criteria
         Criteria for Executing Actions* = Filter conditions are met
         Filter Condition = EmailMessage -> Case ID -> Closed = True
         Filter Conditions* = All of the conditions are met (AND)
3. When the criteria is true, add action to create a new Case record. Set all the required fields for this case with appropriate values.
4. Activate

And you are done. Test by sending an email for a closed case and it should do two things.
1. Create an Email Message for the closed case which you can see in the related list for the Emails below the Closed Case
2. Create the new Case record

Thanks
AR

If you found this reply useful that solved your problem then please mark it as best answer.
This was selected as the best answer
sam malsam mal
Thank a lot, it works.
Do you think I could create a same process for an autoresponse. Using a template + using the same email as email-t-case?
For Auto Response you have a separate place, why use Process Builder for that...

Go to Set Up -> Customize -> Cases -> Auto-Response, here you can set up auto response for cases. You can first create an email template that you plan to use for this response and then create the response rules.

Thanks
AR
sam malsam mal
Yes, I did that. However, I am not able to use  the same email twice.
Their is any way to send an autoresponse with email 1 and have the Email to case with Email 1 as well?