function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Stuart CashStuart Cash 

Action Button is Open Activities section

How can I create an additional button (additional to the "New Task" and "New Event) in the Open Activities section of an Account Page?
YuchenYuchen
You can create a Custom Button from the Task or Event, remember to choose "List Button" as the Display Type. After you create the Button, go to the edit Page Layout of Account, in the Open Activities related list, click the tools icon to configure the properties, there you can expand the Buttons section and choose the Custom Button that you just created. Now after you save the Page Layout, you will see your new button in the related list.

Hope this works for you. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.
Stuart CashStuart Cash
Thanks Yuchen

I have tried that but I get the following error message - asking for a value (but not allowing any value to be entered)
User-added image
Sampath KumarSampath Kumar
Hi Stuart,

As the content source is visualforce page, you need to first create a visualforce page with standard controller as "task" or "event" in order to define a custom button on it.

Sample visualforce page code:

<apex:page standardController="Task">
<!-- Begin Default Content REMOVE THIS -->
<h1>Congratulations</h1>
This is your new Page
<!-- End Default Content REMOVE THIS -->
</apex:page>

After you create this page, try creating a custom button and you can see the value.

Please let me know if you have any more queries.

Regards
Sampath Kumar Goud
YuchenYuchen
Hi Stuart,

Sampath is right that if your Content Source is Visualforce Page, you will have to create a Visualforce Page with Standard Controller as Task. In fact, if your logic can be completed in JavaScript, then you do not need Visualforce Page at all. You can select "OnClick JavaScript" as the Content Source, then define some custom Javascript logic in it. For example, you can do some query, update field, do page redirection, call external class from the JavaScript.