function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
shrutiiiiishrutiiiii 

Use Word document as a template on visualforce page

Hi,

We have developed a managed package (security review passed). There is a requirement where customer (who will be installing the package) should be able to customize a visualforce page layout. This VF page will a Contract signing page so each company will be having their separate logo, css, font style etc.

So the option we decided is we'll provide a Word document which will be actually a tempalte for VF page. This Word doc will be like a Salesforce email template with merge fields where user can specify which header they want, what text (terms and condition), plus can change the merge field position etc.

In Salesforce email template with merge fields, after email is sent, the recepient sees the same body that is there in email template plus the merge fields replaced with the actual value. I need the same functionality using a Word doc ( template) and VF page and apex.

Can any Salesforce expert help me into this? I am not able to think of any ideas to implement this, but I'm sure there are many Salesforce experts that can help me into this.

Thanks in advance!
Shruti
NagaNaga (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Shruthi,

I have browsed on this requirement and found this interesting app.Its got good reviews.Please see the link below for more information.

http://www.congamerge.com/products/composer/template-formats

Best Regards
Naga kiran
shrutiiiiishrutiiiii
Hi Naga,

Thanks for your reply, but it will be no use to me, because I'm developing a managed package so I can not use another package to create template. Another thing is I need to display Salesforce merge fields using Word template, but I also want to accept user's input using that VF page which uses the Word template. 

Thanks