function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DaleCThomasDaleCThomas 

Stuck: Routing Records with Approvals Challenge

Challenge: https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/force_com_declarative_beginner/business_process_automation/approvals

Step:  Upon entering the approval process, set the Type field to 'Pending' and lock the record.

When I try and create this step above and type the field to Pending I notice the Approval is for the Opportunity object not the Account.  I am sure this is a simple issue but I can't figure out how to approve the Account and not the Opportunity.
Best Answer chosen by DaleCThomas
lakslaks
Hi Dale,

If you have selected 'Account' as the object to set the Approval process it shouldn't happen so.

In case you have already created the initial steps and are going back again from the Approval Process main page to edit this particular process, check if the "Manage Approval Processes For: " dropdown has 'Account' selected in it. Maybe 'Opportunity' is selected in it and hence you are observing the above behaviour.

User-added image

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards,
Lakshmi.

All Answers

lakslaks
Hi Dale,

If you have selected 'Account' as the object to set the Approval process it shouldn't happen so.

In case you have already created the initial steps and are going back again from the Approval Process main page to edit this particular process, check if the "Manage Approval Processes For: " dropdown has 'Account' selected in it. Maybe 'Opportunity' is selected in it and hence you are observing the above behaviour.

User-added image

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards,
Lakshmi.
This was selected as the best answer
DaleCThomasDaleCThomas
Ok.  I feel a little silly now.  I didn't even see that drop down!  Thank you so much Lakshmi.  
Petra Machin 8Petra Machin 8
Hi,

I am stick on the following Step:  Upon entering the approval process, set the Type field to 'Pending' and lock the record.
Initial Submission Actions is NOT setting Type field to 'Pending'

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!