function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Deepu BDeepu B 

Process builder Trialhead Failing.

This is the task from Trailhead,

You've been given a requirement to keep Contact addresses in sync with the Account they belong to. Use Process Builder to create a new process that updates all child Contact addresses when the address of the Account record is updated. This process:Can have any name.
Must be activated.
Must update Contact mailing address fields (Street, City, State, Post Code, Country) when the parent Account shipping address field values are updated.

Created Criteria i took

User-added image

This is action i took 

User-added image

Where i done wrong?
Best Answer chosen by Deepu B
PratikPratik (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Deepu,

I tried in my org and it worked properly.
Please correct your Update record action. The object should be "[Account].Contacts" and in your screenshot above it's showing different.

Snapshot:
User-added image
This should resolve your  issue.

Thanks,
Pratik

P.S. If this answers you question, please mark it as "Best Answer" so it will help other community members too.

All Answers

Hi Deepu,

The criteria seems correct, what error message you are getting?

Thanks,
Pratik
Deepu BDeepu B
It saying like, The Contact fields are not Updating for a related Account
Hi Deepu,

I tried in my org and it worked properly.
Please correct your Update record action. The object should be "[Account].Contacts" and in your screenshot above it's showing different.

Snapshot:
User-added image
This should resolve your  issue.

Thanks,
Pratik

P.S. If this answers you question, please mark it as "Best Answer" so it will help other community members too.
This was selected as the best answer
CyberJusCyberJus
Looking at your update criteria you are updating the address of the parent account's contacts, you need to update the accounts contacts like Pratik suggested. 
Deepu BDeepu B
Thank You Pratik & Cyber Jus, it Worked, 
By the way i have few Questions
1) Can't we edit or Delete for activated Processes?
2) Can we delete Data which has controlling the processes, will it give any errors?
3) Have you worked on Processes? Pratik & Cyber Jus.?

Thank you
Deepu.
You can clone the process, activated process is read only. I have worked on process builder. Thanks, Pratik If the solution has solved your issue, please marked it as Best Answer so it can help others too.
Deepu BDeepu B
I marked as Best answer already Pratik, Can you post me some scenarios on process builder for my practice.

Thanks,
Deepu.
Hi Deepu,

I will suggest you to try out how you can replace the basic trigger and workflow rules in your org with Process builder as these are alredy your business scenarios for which you have written the workflow and trigger.

Thanks,
Pratik
champvimalchampvimal
Hello Pratik,

The process does work for the Use Case when accounts' address fields are changed and then contacts need to reflect the same addresses.

However, when I try to create a new contact to see if it also gets Accounts' addresses, it is throwing me error as shown below. It seems, the process may have to accomodate several more criterias to solve this or will we have to create new process for same?

Workflow Action Failed to Trigger Flow
The record couldn’t be saved because it failed to trigger a flow. 
A flow trigger failed to execute the flow with version ID 301d0000000PMku. 
Contact your administrator for help. 

Click here to return to the previous page.