function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Trey FlowersTrey Flowers 

Change from name of org-wide email to current user

I'm trying to find a way to change the from name of an org-wide email address to the current user who is sending the email. I need to do this when the email is being sent from the Case email action on the console feed view. I've tried a couple of different methods, my most recent is using the QuickAction.QuickActionDefaultsHandler to reference the emailMessage and try to change fromName, but had no success.

Example:
"Support" <support@example.com> should be "John Smith" <support@example.com> when John Smith is the sender.

I haven't found an answer while searching through the forums and stackoverflow, so any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.
JeeTJeeT
Try using 
Organization-Wide Email Addresses  (SetUp -> Administration Setup: Email Administration -> Organization-Wide Addresses) Add the prefered email address(support@example.com) with a display name("John Smith")
Trey FlowersTrey Flowers
The issue that I have is that I need it to be dynamic for any user that is sending the email. I believe that will change it for the entire org.
NJH-GDNJH-GD
Trey - DId you ever find out an answer to this question?  I have the same question.