function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Casey GoldenCasey Golden 

Picklist is NOT updating

I have added new fields to the picklist in "competitor's lost to" they are showing in the picklist at set-up but are not updating in the account field. How do I respolve this?  
Art SmorodinArt Smorodin
Hi casey,

If you are using Record Types on an Account object you need to add those new picklist values to those Record Types. Go to Setup -> Customize -> Accounts ->  Record Types. Click into each record type, this will take you to the page containing all fields available on this Record Type. Now find your "competitor's lost to"  field and click Edit next to it. You should see two columns "Available Values" and "Selected Values", odd are your new values are in the left column and if you want to use them they have to be in the right column.

Hope this will do it for you. 

Art. 
Terence_ChiuTerence_Chiu
Casey, it looks like you added new values to the picklist in setup but they are not showing up when you check the field from an actual record ? Can you check if there are any field dependencies involved or if there are account record types where you need to make the new picklist values available ?
Casey GoldenCasey Golden
[nooption.PNG] Record Types is not an option Casey Golden Sales Manager Simparel, Inc. P: 917.267.5409 [cid:image001.jpg@01D0A926.568D0C00] www.simparel.com casey.golden@simparel.com [download (1).jpg][download.png]
Casey GoldenCasey Golden
I have done it this way many many times, but this time it is not doing it properly. Record Type is not an option

Art SmorodinArt Smorodin
Did you check on the "Make this value the default for the master picklist" box when you crated that new value? 
Casey GoldenCasey Golden
why wold I pick a default? I want someone to select the proper company we lost to
Casey GoldenCasey Golden
why would I pick a default? I want someone to select the proper company we lost to? "Make this value the default for the master picklist" is not an option Casey Golden Sales Manager Simparel, Inc. P: 917.267.5409 [cid:image001.jpg@01D0A926.568D0C00] www.simparel.com casey.golden@simparel.com [download (1).jpg][download.png]
Casey GoldenCasey Golden
"Make this value the default for the master picklist" is not an option
Angel CaffarenaAngel Caffarena
In my case I had field dependencies activated which was causing the system to filtrate out the new ones, so when you add new fields you have to edit the dependencies and re-select all items... 
I hope this helps