function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Philip BrignacPhilip Brignac 

How to send email notification upon assigning a user a task for task creation and task reassignment?

Up until about June 12, users assigned to tasks received email notificaitons.. Specifically, whenever you got assigned a task, you would receive an email notification alerting you have been assigned to a task. That stopped working for some reason that we still can't figure out. A solution arose when I created a case and a Salesforce technician helped me create the "Send Email" column checkbox. When you check the Send Email checkbox, the user assigned to the task will receive an email notification alerting them they have been assigned a task. That works great and helps us a lot. However, we tend to reassign tasks often and the Send Email checkbox is only applicable to task creation and not task reassigning. When reassigning the task to a different user for them to do follow-up work, the Send Email checkbox is locked as unchecked and cannot be checked again. You can only check that checkbox on task creation. In result, we want to find a way to send email notification on task creation AND reassigning tasks. Can anyone help me?

I should specify that we use Skuid interface with Salesforce. I have made 2 separate cases with Salesforce and contacted Skuid technical support and this issue has not been resolved. On my most recent case that was closed this past Friday (July 17th), they told me to contact a Developer which I am trying to do now in this forum. The Skuid technical support suggested using workflow rules to help solve the issue on reassigning tasks, but Salesforce technician said workflow rules do not apply to email notifications. This is what it looks like when we create a task with an arrow pointing to the new addition of Send Email checkbox:  User-added image  https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/servlet/rtaImage?refid=0EMF0000000R6JD

Thanks,
Philip Brignac
Jason Curtis NBSFDGJason Curtis NBSFDG
June 12th sounds like it was Summer 15 related. Back in Winter 15 some things changed around task/email notifications (http://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/winter15/release-notes/rn_sales_activities_notifications_task_assignment.htm)
But you shouldn't have to make a workaround, users should be able to opt-in or out of getting emails when a task is assigned to them. Is this for any task creation/reassignmet or are there specific instances when it isn't working?

Philip BrignacPhilip Brignac
I feel like it is related to Summer 15 as well because all of a sudden in June, it stopped working. This is for every task creation/reassignment. I tried to check and uncheck the "Enable User Control over Task Assignment Notifications" under Activity Settings to see if that fixed it but I did not notice any changes or improvements. I can try it again though if that is supppossed to be the fix.