function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sai Anudeep MeelaSai Anudeep Meela 

Not able to view "Salesforce" as user licence

Hi, I am trying to complete a challenge for that I was intended to create a user for a custom profile, but when trying to create a user for the profile it is not giving me an option for field USER LICENCE as SALESFORCE.For licence salesforce there are options of getting custom profile, other than I am getting difference licences, please let me know how can I change the setting to see the salesforce as user an option in user licene filed, when trying to create a user.
Best Answer chosen by Sai Anudeep Meela
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Step 1:- Create profile Basic Account Use

Setup->Manage Users->Profiles->New Profile->Basic Account Use (select any pre-existing profile with user license type"salesforce")
User-added image

Once you click on Save-> Object Setting-> Account-> Object Permissions-> select Read and Edit

User-added image

In the Field Permissions deselect  Read and Edit Permissions of Rating Field....

User-added image

Assign this profile to a user and check 

Step 2:- Next Step to create permission set 

Setup->Manage Users->Permission Sets->New->Account Rating(select user license type"salesforce")
User-added image
Once you click on Save-> Object Setting-> Account-> Object Permissions-> In the Field Permissions select  Read and Edit Permissions of Rating Field....
User-added image
NOTE:- In permssion set you need to ptovide Read and Edit access on Rating Field
Assign this permission set to the same user and see the difference....

Please check below post with screen shot
https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000BLT7IAO

Please let us know if this will help you

Thanks
Amit Chaudhary

All Answers

Please deactivate other user from your DE org and then try to create new user. You will able to see Salesforce licence.

NOTE:- you can create 2 or 3 salesforce user in free developer org that why you are not able see.

Thanks
Amit Chaudhary
Sai Anudeep MeelaSai Anudeep Meela
thanks Amit. Can you please help in completing a challenge.

The Marketing Coordinator and Account Manager both require access to view and update Account Records, but only the Account Manager should be able to see and edit certain fields. Specifically, only the Account Manager should be able to see and edit the Rating field. The Marketing Coordinator should not be able to see or edit the Rating field. Create one profile and one permission set with the appropriate field-level security to solve for this use case.The profile must be named 'Basic Account User' and result in an API name of 'Basic_Account_User'. It should use the 'Salesforce' user license type.
The permission set must be named ‘Account Rating’ and result in an API name of 'Account_Rating

Can you please help in understanding thi?

my understanding is Marketing Coordinator and Account Mnager shuld be a profile and have also have to create users for each of them and then go to permission set and update.

is my understanding right ?
Step 1:- Create profile Basic Account Use

Setup->Manage Users->Profiles->New Profile->Basic Account Use (select any pre-existing profile with user license type"salesforce")
User-added image

Once you click on Save-> Object Setting-> Account-> Object Permissions-> select Read and Edit

User-added image

In the Field Permissions deselect  Read and Edit Permissions of Rating Field....

User-added image

Assign this profile to a user and check 

Step 2:- Next Step to create permission set 

Setup->Manage Users->Permission Sets->New->Account Rating(select user license type"salesforce")
User-added image
Once you click on Save-> Object Setting-> Account-> Object Permissions-> In the Field Permissions select  Read and Edit Permissions of Rating Field....
User-added image
NOTE:- In permssion set you need to ptovide Read and Edit access on Rating Field
Assign this permission set to the same user and see the difference....

Please check below post with screen shot
https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000BLT7IAO

Thanks
Amit Chaudhary
This was selected as the best answer