function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
viki1911viki1911 

Salesforce Password Reset Automation

Hello all,

Recently I am looking in to a requirment, where Support team is keep getting emails to reset the salesforce password. I am working towards the solution for automation process with very less manual efforts.

Things to consider,
1. If user record is gets locked out. only support team can do this.
2. I don't want to provide "Delegated Admin " previlages

Please find the Solutions which i can able to think,

1. Block of code which can run in developer console.
2. Create VF Tab and get the Input from user as a User Name and click Submit, that should reset the password. And if Necessary I can send mail to particular person saying your request is done successfully.

Apart from this if you have time consuming solution please share with the community. Many thanks for your Input in advance
Anupama SamantroyAnupama Samantroy
Hi ,

I did not quite understand your query. As for resetting the password the system admin or the support team with required access can reset the password. What is the issue with the standard reset feature. 
Could you please explain.

Thanks
Anupama
viki1911viki1911
Hi, Anupama, -  please find the issue below

1.Reset is possible only if password is not locked out. If it is gets locked, users will not able to reset the password. And if we imagine in bulk request, support team might get more request and it will consume more time. Basically I am looking to make easier for support team.

2.For portal users, reset functionality won't work.