function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Praneeth PPraneeth P 

Pre-populate Shipping Address on Opportunity from Account

How to pre-populate the shipping address on the Opportunity from the Account?
As soon as the user clicks on New Opportunity, the shipping address from Account should pre-populate on the Opportunity Shipping address and this should be editable before saving. 
Best Answer chosen by Praneeth P
Neetu_BansalNeetu_Bansal
Hi Praneeth,

To achieve this, you first need to either override the New Opportunity button with a visualforce page or create a new button for opportunity and remove the standard button from layout.

After that using the URL hack approach you can pre-populate shipping address (I guess custom field on Opportunity) with Account's Shipping address.

For more infor on URL hackings, refer this:
http://www.salesforceben.com/salesforce-url-hacking-tutorial/

Let me know, if you need any other help.

Thanks,
Neetu

All Answers

Neetu_BansalNeetu_Bansal
Hi Praneeth,

To achieve this, you first need to either override the New Opportunity button with a visualforce page or create a new button for opportunity and remove the standard button from layout.

After that using the URL hack approach you can pre-populate shipping address (I guess custom field on Opportunity) with Account's Shipping address.

For more infor on URL hackings, refer this:
http://www.salesforceben.com/salesforce-url-hacking-tutorial/

Let me know, if you need any other help.

Thanks,
Neetu
This was selected as the best answer
Praneeth PPraneeth P
Hi Neetu,

Thanks for your reply. Wow! now, it makes so much sense. I am working on the URL Hack (trying for the first time ever). Hope it works! Will keep you posted about the progress.
Priya ChimalgiPriya Chimalgi
Hello Praneeth ,

I have sames issue ,Please let me know how did you solved this issue, It will be really helpful 

Thanks 
Priya