function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Shaka MooreShaka Moore 

Custom Button: Send AJAX Request To External Web API

How can a send Case object data to an external web api using a custom button on the Case page? Or are there better options?
buyan thyagarajanbuyan thyagarajan
HI Shaka,
  You can create an outbound message which can post data from the case object when it is created or updated to the external webservice using api. Could you tell me why you need this feature and does the external api is public or lives within your network? Please click like if you like my answer..
Buyan
Shaka MooreShaka Moore
Hi Buyan,

We would like for our tech support team to be able to click a button and copy the case details over to a database. So a custom button will be added to the Case Details page. When the button is clicked, I would like to use an AJAX REQUEST to post the data to a database through a web api. We will then have a service make calls to the database every 5-10 minutes to look for new data. We would like for the web api to live within our network, but if it has to be public, that would be fine.

We are also considering using Mirth Connection to pass the data to TFS
Shaka MooreShaka Moore
One more question...

Is it possible to trigger an outbound message with a custom button click event?
buyan thyagarajanbuyan thyagarajan
Hi Shaka,
I dont think outbound messaging would work with a button click. It works when a case is created or updated. However there are other plugins which can integrate with TFS like Jitterbit and Talend. Just to understand , do you guys use Team foundation server as the other database and why is this integration important to you?
Buyan