function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
petec@i2isyspetec@i2isys 

custom object permissions

Hello,
I have a custom object that I want one standard user to be able to customize.  This means from Setup>Create>Objects they should be able to go to the object and customize things like changing picklist values.  I created a permission set for this object and gave him full access, but I cannot seem to set this up for one user having those rights to one object.  If I allow the customize application setting then they can customize ALL objects and I don't want that.  Does anyone have a solution for this? 
Nikhil Sharma 17Nikhil Sharma 17
Hi petec,
Assign that permission set to the standard user.It will work
petec@i2isyspetec@i2isys
I did apply permission set to the user, but they had no ability to edit custom object. If I apply Customize Application to the permission set, then user can edit ALL objects and I only want him to have permission to edit a specific object. Pete Castagnetta | Director of Operations | i2i Systems | 707-575-7100 x118 | petec@i2isys.com | www.i2isys.com This message, including files attached to it, may contain confidential information that is intended only for the use of the ADDRESSEE(s) named above. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination or copying of this information contained in this message, or the taking of any action in reliance upon the information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and destroy any and all copies of the original message
Nikhil Sharma 17Nikhil Sharma 17
Hi Petec,
I think you should also enable the fields for that object.
User-added image
petec@i2isyspetec@i2isys
I gave him full permission for everything on that object.
But when he goes to customize, no edit links are avaialable.

This is what he sees, no edit links:
No edit links

This is what I want him to see and how I see as admin:

Edit links