function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Andrew EversleyAndrew Eversley 

Creating the AccountLocator Component Trailhead Project Issue

Hello Community, 
I'm currently working on the "Build an Account Geolocation App" project in the Trailhead Project section. I'm having an issue on "Step 2: Use the AccountLocator Component in a Lightning Application"

My issue is this:

The Steps:
1.In the Developer Console, select File > New > Lightning Application.
2.Specify AccountLocatorApp as the bundle name, and click Submit.
3.On the AccountLocatorApp.cmp tab, implement the application as follows:

After I go to step 2 and submit the AccountLocatorApp name it gives me an error stating:

"duplicate value found: <unknown> duplicates value on record with id: <unknown>"

Then this error:
Operation did not complete "Long running operation did not complete, continuing in background"

I would like some assistance or insight into this issue community. Thanks.

Nirmala  KuchiNirmala Kuchi
Hello,

Usually this error occurs, when we try to create lightning app/component with duplicate names.

Can you please verify whether lightning app with this name is already present?

File > Open Lightning Resources : just check in this list, if it already exists.

Thanks,
Nirmala
DeepthiDeepthi (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Andrew,

I tried working on this project in the trailhead. Actually after creating a "AccountLocatorApp", you need to copy the "AccountLocator" component in the "AccountLocatorApp.app".User-added imageThere is a typo in the trailhead. Please check once while working on it.

Hope this helps you!
Best Regards,
Deepthi

@NIrmala Kuchi, Thanks for responding, I was working on another similar project earlier this week and I do believe I've created some components with like names. I've included the print screen of the Lightning Resources list below:

Account locator image

My question would be will I have to deleted those instances? I'm not sure on how to proceed...please advise. Thanks.

@Deepthi, 

Thanks for your response, I'm not sure I follow you on the copy but I did believe there was an issue with the wording on the challenge in Trailhead. Please clarify on what you are suggesting. Thanks.

P.S. please see the image I've posted to Nirmala above regarding the components I've gotten in my Lightning resources section. I'm not sure if that is an issue as well. 
samyuktha etikyalasamyuktha etikyala
Step 2: Use the AccountLocator Component in a Lightning Application
To create a Lightning Application that uses the AccountLocator component:
In the Developer Console, select File > New > Lightning Application.
Specify AccountLocatorApp as the bundle name, and click Submit.

Am unable to create above lines in trailhead.

Please, can any help me out, that will b great help and appreciable?

Thanks and regards,
Samyuktha.
David Pace 2David Pace 2
In step 2-3, I am unable to save even after creating the AccountLocatorApp.
I can see the bundle is saved at c:AccountLocatorApp
But when I attempt to save 2-3 for the AccountLocatorApp.app, I get the following:
User-added image
Please help. Thanks.