function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
John Neilan 2John Neilan 2 

Debug Commandbutton

Does anyone know how to debug a Comandbutton in a VF page?  I have a page that has a JavaScript script with a window.location.href element.  The Commandbutton is mean to call this script and direct the user to the URL in the href element.  Everythign save properly, but all the button does when pressed is refresh the page.  Does anyone know how I can figure out what is actually happening when I press the button and why it's not calling the window.location.href element of the script?
sharathchandra thukkanisharathchandra thukkani
when you use command button i.e. <apex:commandButton> first if you have any script written on event such as onclick it will execute and then action method will execute, if you dont mention action method page will refresh.

In order to direct the user to other page it is better you use action method with return type of pagereference.
John Neilan 2John Neilan 2
Thanks for the clarification.  I don't have a custom controller on the page.  Is there anything I can change to get it to execute?

<apex:page standardController="Engage_Short_Form__c">

<script type="text/javascript" src="/apex/dsfs__DocuSign_JavaScript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
    function sendViaDocuSign() {
        var CRL = ''; 
        var DST = ''; 
        var CES = '';
        CRL = 'Email~{!JSENCODE(Engage_Short_Form__c.Partner_Email__c)};FirstName~{!JSENCODE(Engage_Short_Form__c.Partner_Contact__r.FirstName)};LastName~{!JSENCODE(Engage_Short_Form__c.Partner_Contact__r.LastName)};Role~Signer1,Email~jneilan@outbrain.com;FirstName~Test;LastName~Test2;Role~Signer 2'; 
        DST = '0E9AB63C-62C0-4D01-B91A-E58849B7B573'; 
        CES = 'Insertion Order signature request for {!JSENCODE(Engage_Short_Form__c.Partner_Legal_Name__c)}';
        window.location.href = '"/apex/dsfs__DocuSign_CreateEnvelope?DSEID=0&STB=1&SourceID={!Engage_Short_Form__c.Id}&LA=0&CRL="+CRL+"&DST="+DST+"&CES="+CES'; 
    }
</script>

<apex:form >

<apex:commandButton value="Send For Signature" onclick="sendViaDocuSign()"/>