function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
HNT_NeoHNT_Neo 

Due Date reminder and Task creation

Hello, 

I have a custom object named: JAT

I'm looking for two things:

1) when a user enters a date into the Due Date field, I would like a task to be created for the running user when a new JAT record is created
2) if the user enters a due date of 12/30/2015, I'd like an email sent to the running user of the reminder to be sent 1 week prior of the due date

Can someone help me in creating these? 
Which method is best to do these in: Process Builder or a Workflow?

Thank you!

User-added image

Best Answer chosen by HNT_Neo
James LoghryJames Loghry
This is a great candidate for a process.  Using Process Builder, create a process that is kicked off when the user creates or updates the record (depending on your use case).  The process would:
  1. Use a Record Create (Immediate Action) to create the Task record.
  2. Use a Scheduled Action to send the mail 7 days prior to the Due Date field.
Here's what your process may look like:

User-added image

All Answers

James LoghryJames Loghry
This is a great candidate for a process.  Using Process Builder, create a process that is kicked off when the user creates or updates the record (depending on your use case).  The process would:
  1. Use a Record Create (Immediate Action) to create the Task record.
  2. Use a Scheduled Action to send the mail 7 days prior to the Due Date field.
Here's what your process may look like:

User-added image
This was selected as the best answer
anto nirmalanto nirmal

Hi,

This can be handled very well in a Process builder.

1) Create a process builder for the JAT Object 

2) For both the criterias you need to add the respective Actions(Task creation and Email Alert).

3) Please ensure to select the check box (Do you want to execute the actions only when specified changes are made to the record?) in the criteria which needs a scduled action.

4) After saving the criteria with the flag enabled, you will have the option to configure the scheduled action.

Let me know if this helps.

As a common practice, if your question is answered, please choose 1 best answer.
Additionally you can give every answer a like if that answer is helpful to you.

Regards,
Anto Nirmal
SKolakanSKolakan
You can just use process builder to create a task with reminder 

In the immediate actions, user Create a Record as "Action Type", Task as "Record Type" and set Task fields including Reminder.

User-added image

Note that you need to have Activities enabled for the object to create a Task for any record.
HNT_NeoHNT_Neo
Hey gents, sorry took so long to confirm this. 
HNT_NeoHNT_Neo
Is it possible to set activities on the user object?