function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard 

Apex SOAP Callouts Challenge

I'm seeing the following error message when checking the challenge:

--- snip ---

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The Apex class 'ParkLocator' does not appear to be calling the SOAP endpoint.

--- snip ---

However, if I run ParkLocator country method from execute anonymous I get the list of parks back as expected, so the code is definitely using the SOAP service.  Also, if I remove the remote site setting for the endpoint then the challenge check fails as the SOAP endpoint is not authorized. I've also tried changing the name of the method to check that the challenge is definitely executing my code, and it fails if the name is other than 'country.

I can't see what I am missing here, but obviously I don't know what is being checked to determine if the SOAP endpoint is called. I've been seeing this for a couple of hours now and I've tried re-implementing in a different org with no success.
Best Answer chosen by bob_buzzard
Jen BennettJen Bennett
Figured it out, for me the Apex was named parkService I had to capitalize the P and that seemed to do the trick!

All Answers

Jen BennettJen Bennett
Having the same issue, also tried with 2 separate orgs. Any luck yet?
Jen BennettJen Bennett
Figured it out, for me the Apex was named parkService I had to capitalize the P and that seemed to do the trick!
This was selected as the best answer
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
Not exactly the same issue for me, but it was down to case sensitivity.  I had capitalised the service class, but the service implementation method was parksImplPort and needed to be ParksImplPort. Thanks for the tip!