function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tolga SunarTolga Sunar 

Time-Based workflow to create a Case after a field hasn't changed for X days

Hello,

In Contact object, I have a numeric "A" field that changes when a child record is inserted by integration. If that numeric field hasn't changed in the last 45 days, create a Case. It sound simple, but it's the opposite when you think implementing it. I have scanned almost the whole online documentation and boards, but couldn't find any solution. 

One solution is I've found online is that: Create a date type "B" field on Contact object. First workflow sets this date value to TODAY() when numeric "A" field updates. The second workflow operates under "created and when edited to meet the criteria", and has a criteria B field = TODAY(). It also has a time-based action to create a Case after 45 days from now. However, this method will fail as in the following days the criteria will return false and it will be removed from queue after any arbitrary edit action. Note that first workflow is a workflow rule, and the second is a process builder workflow.

I would like to hear the solutions from people who had the exact requirement. 

Thanks in advance.
Valdas StaseviciusValdas Stasevicius
You can create a Time-based workflow rule, which would trigger action while last modified date > 45 days.

It doesn't allow to create a case though..
User-added image

Pritam ShekhawatPritam Shekhawat
Workflow can't be used for create a new recordd. You can use process builder instead of workflow to create a new record on certain condition here.
Tolga SunarTolga Sunar
Hello Valdas and Pritam,

I have solved my problem by using a workflow rule, and a process that calls a flow. It works like a charm now. This issue has led to a rather complex solution as there is no criteria other than the alteration of A field.

Thanks for your interes on this topic.