function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nicholas d'HotmanNicholas d'Hotman 

Configure the Task Composer on the Account Page in Lightning Experience

Hi,

I am looking to move our organisation to the lightning experience as it is clearly far more simple and could result in less time wasted on CRM by our sales staff.  The Composer section for Tasks on the account page is very effective but I cannot seem to find where to customise this layout.  I need to add fields to this quick create composer.  Is this possible.  

Also is there any way to allow inline editing in lightning experience?

Nick
Best Answer chosen by Nicholas d'Hotman
Pritam ShekhawatPritam Shekhawat
@Nicholas, In old Salesforce  Goto Setup>Customize>Account>Buttons, Links, and Actions>New Action > Action Type>Create a Record. For more information see below image after save this it will redirect to layout , you can add new fields here. After save goto Account Page layout>Edit layout>Move new Task button to Salesforce1 and lightning button action and save then goto lightning verify and let me know.

Remark:Inline editing is not supported in lightning winter release but from Spring 16 release you can inline editing in lightning :)

User-added image

User-added image

User-added image

All Answers

@Nicholas, In old Salesforce  Goto Setup>Customize>Account>Buttons, Links, and Actions>New Action > Action Type>Create a Record. For more information see below image after save this it will redirect to layout , you can add new fields here. After save goto Account Page layout>Edit layout>Move new Task button to Salesforce1 and lightning button action and save then goto lightning verify and let me know.

Remark:Inline editing is not supported in lightning winter release but from Spring 16 release you can inline editing in lightning :)

User-added image

User-added image

User-added image
This was selected as the best answer
Hi Pritam,

I am not sure you understand what I need.  In the lightning experience, if you are on an account, there is a button to create a new tast on the right hand side.  This allows you to create a task associated with the account you are on but I cannot seem to add fields to this form.

User-added image
Yaa i understood you correctly. Try my above solution and let me know if having any issue. Goto>Setup Home>Objects manager>Account>Buttons and links>Add new action as above.
Brilliant, Thanks.
Glad to hear  it worked :) Have a good day.
Thanks,

One more question.  Is it possible to change the default view to display the details rather than the related list on the accounts, contacts and opportunies?
Not, as of now we can't do this in lightning.
Matthew BracewellMatthew Bracewell
Really helpfull saved me a lot of time - thank you