function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jitendra JangidJitendra Jangid 

Fetch custom app setting using SOQL

Hi,

We are trying to retrieve custom app setting using SOQL via Partner API and able to retrieve all information except default selected app for particular profile. We have googled it but didn't find any info around this.

Below objects have been used to retrieve custom app setting:
  + AppMenuItems: To retrieve app name
  + SetupEntityAccess & PermissionSet: To find out whether an app is visible to a profile 
We didn't find any field that has this info whether an app is a default app for a particular profile or not .
Query: Any idea which object would have this info?
Any pointer around this would be helpful. 

Thanks in advance ! 
Best Answer chosen by Jitendra Jangid
Sumeet_ForceSumeet_Force
Hi,
You can do this via the metawsdl using the readMetadata method. This works for both Std and Custom Apps as opposite to the Ant Migration tool. If this helps, please mark it as correct answer.

All Answers

Sumeet_ForceSumeet_Force
Hi,
You can do this via the metawsdl using the readMetadata method. This works for both Std and Custom Apps as opposite to the Ant Migration tool. If this helps, please mark it as correct answer.
This was selected as the best answer
Jitendra JangidJitendra Jangid
Thanks Sumeet for reply!

Yes, we can do it using metadata API call but it takes too much time to fetch profile related information. That's why we are tryinh to fetch data using soql.

Is there any way to get this via SOQL?

Thanks!
Sumeet_ForceSumeet_Force
I dont think because from list of SOQL tables exposed under workbench, none seems to qualify for your requirement.
However I have an alternative for your solution though not very suitable:

Try capturing values of the profiles and its default apps and store in the custom settings and query it.Only thing is that in case a profile is changed, we dont have option to capture that change via either workflow or the trigger.So it would still need someone to keep an eye on changes in default apps for profiles.
Swapnajit Nayak 6Swapnajit Nayak 6
 hi
Jitendra Jangid,

Can I have the soql query, I have same requirement Fetch custom app setting using SOQL.

Thanks In advance.