function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mohammad TauseefMohammad Tauseef 

Installing the Data.com Assessment App

I am trying to complete the Challenge listed for the Trailhead "Learn CRM EssentialsData QualityAssessing the Quality of Data". As part of this Challenge, I am expected to 'Install the Data.com Assessment App into your Developer Edition'.
  1. On clicking the 'Data.com Assessment App' link provided, a new browser window opens to https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000000puBxEAI.
  2. I click 'Get it now'.
  3. I then click on 'Log in to the AppExchange (use your Salesforce credentials)'.
  4. And then I get this error:
"This site can’t be reached
na45.salesforce.com’s server DNS address could not be found.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
"

I am unable to complete this trailhead unit as I am unable to proceed with the Installation. I am logged in to my Developer Edition where I am reviewing the trailhead.

Any help to resolve this error would be appreciated. Thanks.
Best Answer chosen by Mohammad Tauseef
nagendra 6989nagendra 6989
Hi Mohammad Tauseef,

Try the below steps to complete the challenge

1)Get into https://appexchange.salesforce.com

2)In the top right corner in serach dialogue box enter Data Assessment and click on the app

3)In the next page you get an option of Get It Now when you click on this button you will be prompted with two options

4)  a)Install in production
     b)Install in Sandbox
  choose the first option(Install in Production)

5)"This app does not list support for your edition of Salesforce. You can continue installation, but it may fail later in the process.", the above error     will be displayed in the next page.Click on i accept terms and conditions and click on confirm and install button on the above page.

6)Now you will be prompted to login with your developer edition login crdentials.

7)In the next step you will be prompted with three options

a)Install for Admins Only
   b)Install for All Users
   c)Install for Specific Profiles...

Choose the first option from the above(Install for Admins Only) then click on install

8)Select on grant access and click on continue and click on done

9)Now log into your developer edition org and refresh the page, on the top right corner in the app menu you will be able to see data assessment app.

10)There after follow the rest of instructions, you will be able to successfully complete the challenge.

Please mark it as solved if your problem is resolved.

Thanks & Regards,
Nagendra.P

All Answers

Becka DBecka D
I would suggest logging in from the main page & then attempting the install.
  1. Go to appechange.salesforce.com and click "Log In" in the upper right corner
  2. Log in with your credentials for your Trailhead org
  3. Use the search bar to navigate to the Data.com Assessment App
  4. Click "Get it Now"
Hopefully that will do the trick! Just worked for me.
Thanks Becka. I did try logging in to the appexchange.salesforce.com site directly earlier and now again. I get the same error listed in my main discussion above as soon as I click 'Login'.
Hi Mohammad Tauseef,

Try the below steps to complete the challenge

1)Get into https://appexchange.salesforce.com

2)In the top right corner in serach dialogue box enter Data Assessment and click on the app

3)In the next page you get an option of Get It Now when you click on this button you will be prompted with two options

4)  a)Install in production
     b)Install in Sandbox
  choose the first option(Install in Production)

5)"This app does not list support for your edition of Salesforce. You can continue installation, but it may fail later in the process.", the above error     will be displayed in the next page.Click on i accept terms and conditions and click on confirm and install button on the above page.

6)Now you will be prompted to login with your developer edition login crdentials.

7)In the next step you will be prompted with three options

a)Install for Admins Only
   b)Install for All Users
   c)Install for Specific Profiles...

Choose the first option from the above(Install for Admins Only) then click on install

8)Select on grant access and click on continue and click on done

9)Now log into your developer edition org and refresh the page, on the top right corner in the app menu you will be able to see data assessment app.

10)There after follow the rest of instructions, you will be able to successfully complete the challenge.

Please mark it as solved if your problem is resolved.

Thanks & Regards,
Nagendra.P
This was selected as the best answer
Thanks Nagendra. When I saw your note, I tried from my smartphone and it worked. I was able to log into appexchange without error and complete the installation and challenge successfully. Thank you. 
HI Mohammad Tauseef,

If your problem is resolved please mark it as solved.

Thanks & Regards 
Nagendra.P
Nagendra, How do I mark it as Solved. Sorry, I am new to the Forum and cannot find any link or button to mark the Qs. as Solved. I have chosen above your response as the Best Answer, however, I continue to see my main Qs in the Unsolved category.
Hi Mohammad Tauseef,

Thanks for marking the question as solved.

Thanks & Regards,
Nagendra.P

Punitha ReddyPunitha Reddy
Hi,

I was trying to complete the same challenge and I get the error:

"Unable to Access the AppExchangeYou have attempted to create, upload, or download an AppExchange package without the necessary permissions. Please contact your administrator to resolve this issue."

Could you help me solve this query.
Oscar Alejandro García ElizaldeOscar Alejandro García Elizalde
Hi, when i try to finish the same trailhead. when I go trough install the app. display the next message

"This app can't be installed.
There are problems that prevent this package from being installed.
Insufficient PrivilegesYou do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary."

any Advice that you have?

thanks in advance.
Oscar Garcia
Christina BabbitsChristina Babbits
Hi!  Your post looks so helpful, Nagendra but it seems I may have the same problem at Oscar.  I can't get past step #6.  It says I can't install the app due to insufficient priviledges.  I get most of the way but can't get to the point where I choose who to install for (admin, all users, etc.).  Any ideas?

Thank you!

Vanessa HeppnerVanessa Heppner
Hi All - Yes, I'm getting the same message as Christina. Does anyone know how to resolve it? Thank you so much!
Ray Fantone 8Ray Fantone 8
I'm having the same issue as Irene.
Nikki KyriakopoulosNikki Kyriakopoulos
I'm also having an issue with this module, as it forces me to sign in and then tries to install on our actual SFDC account. Not good!
Rhonda WatsonRhonda Watson
Same issue here as well - it successfully installs on my 'trial version' of Salesforce not the instance associated with Trailhead. When I try to direct Trailhead to the 'trial instance' for evaluation of my challenge, I get the error message below. 
User-added image
Sarah GurnickSarah Gurnick
I am having a problem with this module as well!  I am able to install the Data.com app on the production side, but not on the sandbox side as called for in the exercise.  When I try to install on the sandbox side, it asks me to log in, but won't take my password.  When I try to reset the password, it tells me it's sending me an email, but I never actually get the email (yes, I am checking my spam folder).  
Mike KinsellaMike Kinsella
I am having the similar problem to many of the others above. When I get to Step 6 of Mohammad's list posted on May 8th, 2016, I get this message:

This app can't be installed.
There are problems that prevent this package from being installed.
Insufficient PrivilegesYou do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary.

Does anyone know how to resolve this? Thanks!
Ali HromisAli Hromis
I am having a similar issue. I am not presented with any error messages, I am simply told that the installation is taking too long and that I will be emailed upon complete. Similar to Sarah above, I never receive the email and am checking my spam folder. Any help would be great!
Edward PalomoEdward Palomo
Same issue with Sarah. It won't take my password and I've reset quite a few times already.
Benedict Behr-HeyderBenedict Behr-Heyder
https://force.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/2710899-installing-a-package-or-app-to-complete-a-trailhead-challenge?b_id=13478

I followed this, but still have the same Privilege errror failure. Is there any update on this available?
Tim BallTim Ball

Hi all

I have been having problems completing this module for ages. i keep giving up and then coming back a few weeks later.

I have followed the troubleshooting guide but when I get to the Installation approval for Admins I cannot get past the pop up screen to allow third party access.
I have tried both in Chrome and Incognito Chrome.
User-added image

The "Continue" button is not clickable neither are the checkboxes?

Michael MuzyczkaMichael Muzyczka
I am having a problem installing this as wel, same problem I am having a problem with this module as well! I can't install on the sandbox side as called for in the exercise.  When I try to install on the sandbox side, it asks me to log in, but won't take my password. I followed the steps to reset it and I did. When I use the password with the trailhead snadbox account and the password it won't let me. it states wrong ID or passord.

Tifanie TiberioTifanie Tiberio
Going through the installation steps via your smartphone browser (as mentioned above) is the only way to get this to work so that you can complete the exercise.... Salesforce really needs to fix this error as I imagine many people cannot complete the exercise or badge requirements due to this issue.