function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Riikka LaitalaRiikka Laitala 

Opportunity error / Trailhead Challenge / Create an opportunity with yourself on the opportunity team

Hi,
I have created opportunity which is there, visible and stage set to prospecting. When trying to complete Trailhead, I receive an alert "The '500 units' opportunity could not be found, or its stage is not set to 'Prospecting".
My colleague, who is SE and who just passed his certification on this area could now figure what is wrong. Any ideas / support?
Thanks!
-riikka
Rakesh51Rakesh51
You have to aAdd yourself to the opportunity team for the '500 units' opportunity with the Team Role of 'Sales Rep'.
Hi & thx for quick response. Sorry not to clarify this before, but I DID add Opportunity, and  myself as Sales Rep as instructed. 
So this alert keeps emerging. Screenshot attached of Opportunity team plus the Opportunity:

User-added image

User-added image
User-added image
Rita LeverettRita Leverett
Hi Riikka,
The Opportunity Name displays as 500 points.  It should be 500 units.
Hi Rita - thanks!!!! :) Have a great week-end!
You're welcome, Rikka. Please mark as Best Answer if it helpled
Hariharan ramyaHariharan ramya
Hi Friends,

While i doing  i getting this error
"Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Sales Rep' Team Role for '500 units' could not be found or it is not set to the current user."  please let me help to resolve this issuse.

Hi Hariharan,

Make certain all of the following are true:
  1. The Opportunity Team has been created
  2. Sales Rep is a Role of the Opportunity Team
  3. You are a member of the Opportunity Team in the Role of Sales Rep
  4. You are the Opportunity Owner
  5. Opportunity name is 500 Units

If this does not resolve the issue, please post a screen shot and we will try to help you.
andea weeksandea weeks
Rita, where can you add yourself as a member of the opportunity team as a sales rep? thank you
Hi Andrea,
  1. Enable Opportunity Teams (Setup, Opportunity Team Setting, check Enable Team Selling)
  2. Select the page layouts to add the Opportunity Team related list to.
  3. On the Opportunity record, go the Opportunity Team related list and click Add Opportunity Team Members
  4. Select - TEAM ROLE: Sales Rep, USER: your name, OPPORTUNITY ACCESS: Read/Write
I just noticed the above screen shots are in Classic. My instructions are for Lightning. 
andea weeksandea weeks
Thank you Rita,    I was able to add my name to the opportunity team, but it is not verifying on the challange.  See image.  sales rep role

In addition I get this error message when I try to verify:

****Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Sales Rep' Team Role for '500 units' could not be found or it is not set to the current user.******
The Opportunity name may be case-sensitive. Create a new Opportunity record named '500 units' (lower-case 'u').
andea weeksandea weeks
Thank you Rita, I did that, and I received the same error.  I tried it in lightning and classic.  Still the same error message.  
Turn on Debug Log and Check Challenge again to generate the error. View the log and look for assert statements. That will show you what Trailhead is looking for.
Anthony BrockAnthony Brock
Rita, can you explain how to turn on Debug Log, specific to this challenge?
Anthony BrockAnthony Brock
This is the assertion statement I found that might pertain to this: 10:20:31.5 (19349771)|EXCEPTION_THROWN|[1]|System.AssertException: Assertion Failed: Expected: 0, Actual: 1
Laura SemethyLaura Semethy
When we try to complete this exercise, we are not seeing 'Oppportunity Team' in the Salesforce sandbox provided. This section is not visible. Help please?
You need to enable Team Selling in Opportunity Team Settings in Setup.
Dhatri KodaliDhatri Kodali
Hi Rita
I am unable to find the add button on the opportunity Team related lists on 500 units opportunity record page, Hence I am unable to add the opportunity team members. Can you please help me
Regards
Dhatri
User-added image
Hi Dhatri, Maybe this article will help you. https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000232437&type=1&sfdcIFrameOrigin=null
Nikhil Gupta ANikhil Gupta A
I spent lots of time TESTING this and it worked
Steps:
  1. -Before clicking Earn 500 points, view all options available under the dropdown
  2. Default option is My Trailhead playground 1
  3. Select Developer org this changes default value to SFDC login
  4.  It rediects yo to developer.salesforce.com 's loging page
  5. Enter credentals and refresh
User-added image