function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mike SummittMike Summitt 

Created new partial copy sandbox (CS26) because old sandbox (CS4) had undeployed mods in it that kept going to production by accident. Later refreshed CS26 and it MOVED to CS4!!!

Created new partial copy sandbox (CS26) because old sandbox (CS4) had undeployed mods in it that kept going to production by accident.  Later refreshed CS26 and it MOVED to CS4!!!

Do I have to delete ALL sandboxes before creating one in order to be sure that sandboxes with bad code won't be used?  Why did it merge them?  Why is there no option to delete the partial copy sandbox?

UC InnovationUC Innovation
When you refresh a sandbox, Salesforce doesn't guarantee that it will continue to use the same data center, such as CS26.  It could use a different one.  However, keep in mind that you can have two distinct sandboxes that reside in the same data center.  In your case, for your CS26, when moved to CS4, it shouldn't override your old CS4 sandbox.  If you log in with the two credentials for both sandboxes, you should be able to see both sandboxes still.
Mike SummittMike Summitt
That isn't how it worked.  The new sandbox was no longer reachable; both logins went to the old, corrupt CS4 sandbox.  So I deleted it.  But that didn't work either; now I have a corrupt sandbox, locked for 3 more days, using my only partial copy license, and the new sandbox that I had just upgraded Zuora 360 on is gone.  And SalesForce's "open a case" screen is not accepting input.

UC InnovationUC Innovation
Sorry to hear about that.  Seems like something went wrong on the Salesforce side of the house.  I know that when I refresh a sandbox in the past, sometimes I do get a different data center.  I haven't experienced what you experienced here before though.  Hope you'll be able to resolve this with Salesforce.
Mike SummittMike Summitt
I hope one of them is trolling here, because I guess we're standard customers so I can't open a case about it.