function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
QA OneQA One 

How to enable person accounts in salesforce developer edition?

Hi,
In our application we have integrated cases using the "Contacts" object. Now one of our clients is asking for cases integration with person accounts. I have read some articles about person accounts and found that it is not enabled by default in developer edition. I want to enable person accounts in salesforce developer edition. What exactly I need to do to enable the person accounts. Please help me.
JyothsnaJyothsna (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

You need to log a ticket to Salesforce to enable Person Accounts in Dev Edition.

To log a ticket -> Login into your Dev Edition -> Click on "Help" at the Top -> Click on "My Cases" -> Click On "Log A Case" -> Select the Case Reason as "Feature Activation Request" -> Select  "Feature Activation" in  "General Activation Area" and ask for the Person Account Enablement.

Hope this helps.

Please mark the answer as Best Answer if it really helped so that it would help others as well in future.

Best Regards,
Jyothsna
J-PPJ-PP
Hi,

Please find more information here: 
https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?id=000171021&language=en_US

Seem's that you'll also need to call Salesforce.

I'm also plannig to enable person accounts in my dev edition, but not tried to enable it yet.

Best regards,
JP

parth jollyparth jolly
Hi,

You need to log a ticket to salesforce to enable Person Accounts in Dev Edition.

To log a ticket -> Login into your Dev Edition -> Click on "Help" at the Top -> Click on "My Cases" -> Click On "Log A Case" -> Select the Case Reason as "Feature Activation Request" -> Select  "Feature Activation" in  "General Activation Area" and ask for the Person Account Enablement.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Regards 

Paarth Jolly
J-PPJ-PP
Hi,

I know how to log a ticket, but it seems that you cannot do it in dev edition org. At least I cannot log a ticket in my dev org. It's probably working in 'normal' orgs only.

Behind the link I posted above it's said that you'll need to call Salesforce if you're using dev edition.

Regards,
JP
Benoit Neuville 5Benoit Neuville 5
If you have a login to a production Salesforce environment, you can connect to that one, and open the case from that org. Select "activate feature" then "Person acount", be sure you enter the "Org ID" of your trailhead org. 

Before that, make sure you have performed all the activation steps in your dev org (grant login access, create the record type, etc).

Regards,
Benoit