function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jose ZunigaJose Zuniga 

Account, User, dynamically created Role

I go to the Accounts page and start creating a new account. I fill up this form and press 'Save". At the next page I click on "Enable Customer User" and after that I see the information of a user including the name of a Role that seems to be dynamically created and that also is not existent in the UserRole table. How this could be happening? The system is able to save the user information in this case. (we use person accounts)

Thanks
Jose

EnreecoEnreeco
Can you share the Role name?

--
May the Force.com be with you!
Jose ZunigaJose Zuniga
it is a name that depends on the logged user. A guy from the stackexchange forum called Vigneshwaran G  said:

When you enable a Customer Portal on an account, the system creates a role hierarchy for the account’s portal users. The portal roles are unique for each account and include the account’s name—or example, “Account A Customer User.” In your organization’s overall role hierarchy, this account-specific hierarchy is directly below the account owner.
What you experience is the default behavior of Salesforce while creating Customer portal users. If you want to see the Customer Portal roles, go the role of the Account Owner and then you can see the hierarchy under that role.
Hope it helps.

and this helped!