function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
John Upton 8John Upton 8 

Cannot migrate data from one org to another

I'm banging my head against a wall trying to migrate child data from one org to another using dataloader.io (have also failed using the data import wizard). The steps I'm using are as follows:
  1. I have a Parent table, which I have exported, including the ID field, from Org 1.
  2. I have successfully imported this into Org 2, where I have an extra column called Source Parent ID. Into this I imported the ID from Parent on Org 1.
  3. I then export from Child on Org 1, taking care to take the ID of the Parent.
  4. I try to import this into Org 2. I chose 'Upsert', select my table, then press 'Next'.
  5. I select my import file
  6. Most of the data mapping is done for me. The only think I do is map Source Header of 'Source Parent ID'  to the Salesforce Field 'Source Parent' and ensure the 'Use as External ID' checkbox is ticked.
  7. I save and run, and for my efforts get errors for each of my import lines, stating
  8. " SOURCE: 'Source_Parent_ID__c' DESTINATION: 'Source_Parent__c' ERROR:Duplicate external id specified: a0o8e0000007rzwua2".
Can anyone help? And/or point me at some documentation which explains step by step what to do? I have read a whole load of forum posts, but haven't got any closer to a solution...

Aneske Meiring 10Aneske Meiring 10
1. I have a Parent table, which I have exported, including the ID field, from Org 1.
2. I have successfully imported this into Org 2, where I have an extra column called Source Parent ID.
3. Open the success file  that you have after importing the parent table into org 2
4. Map the Id column back to the Child file so that you can load the Child using that ID field
You can simply use the ID that is generated in the success file to load the Child file. And you can do an insert

Hope you come right
https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?urlname=What-steps-are-needed-to-migrate-my-data-from-one-organization-to-another-1327109132359&language=en_US