function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dfmiadfmia 

.NET Azure - No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

Hello all,

We have .NET developments in Windows Azure for about 4 years now. Since March 28th of this year, we have been getting an error about 10-15 times per week with API calls via SOAP queries or REST Webservices, where the error message reads: 

Unable to connect to the remote server
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 96.43.148.104:443

On average we make around 8,000 API calls every day with no issue. 

Right now we are managing the error by catching it and making the call again, but we would like to solve it completely.

Any ideas on what might be causing this on Salesforce or Azure?
Matthew Reyes 3Matthew Reyes 3
I don't have a solution for your problem, but my company has been making SFDC callouts (server NA26) from Windows Azure for the last two years. We first started experiencing the issue very infrequently in August of this year.  It got really bad in October so we tried getting salesforce support involved, but they directed us to this message board since we're not a "premier" customer.  We make about 3,000 API calls each day without issue--well below our daily maximum.

Before support closed my case, they recommended that I verify that the request isn't being blocked by a firewall or proxy server.  I verified that this wasn't the case with our Azure service.