function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Diana ManDiana Man 

Developer console keeps showing "loading..." and crashes

Hi all,
I have an issue when I come to open my developer console. It opens and start to load but it quickly minimizes, showing a "loading..." text.
After that, the developer console's window freezes completely, allowing me only to close it. Same happens to the window I used to open the developer console. 
I find a solution here http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/80453/developer-console-is-not-loading but I don't have enough time to switch my workspace.
I tried cleaning the browser data but nothing changed. I can also use the developer console of other salesforce accounts, so it seems it only happens with my account.

And I have another issue, I don't know if it's related or not, I'm posting it here just in case it is and it helps to see the problem.
As I couln't continue using the default developer console, I downloaded Welkin Suite, but when I build the solution, I keep getting an error that says "file has pending server changes. Please pull first", which it doesn't fix after a pull. When I'm not getting that error I get strage errors like "The attribute “(...)” was not found on the COMPONENT markup://(...): Origin"

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me solving this!

Best Answer chosen by Diana Man
Diana ManDiana Man

I just fixed my developer console. Indeed I had to switch workspace to make it work, but I couln't even open the developer console.
For some reason, if I enter manually the url for my instance if the developer console, the developer console open successfully, after that all I had to do it switching workspace.

If anyone wants to open a ticket about this (I don't know how to submit one), this could possibly happened because:
-I had a custom workspace
-I had a custom domain
-I was using lightning components

Hope this helps anyone else who's having this issue.

All Answers

Diana ManDiana Man

Well I already fixed the errors in Welkin Suite, but I still can't use my developer console, so it seems both things aren't related.

Diana ManDiana Man

I just fixed my developer console. Indeed I had to switch workspace to make it work, but I couln't even open the developer console.
For some reason, if I enter manually the url for my instance if the developer console, the developer console open successfully, after that all I had to do it switching workspace.

If anyone wants to open a ticket about this (I don't know how to submit one), this could possibly happened because:
-I had a custom workspace
-I had a custom domain
-I was using lightning components

Hope this helps anyone else who's having this issue.

This was selected as the best answer
Emil AliEmil Ali
I have the same issue now. Maybe someone already knows the solution ?
Diana ManDiana Man

Hi Emi, I have solved it entering manually the developer console address in the URL and changing the workspace. So go to https://<your salesforce instance>.salesforce.com/_ui/common/apex/debug/ApexCSIPage and then click Workspace > New workspace...

You should be able to enter that way if it was the same problem.

Emil AliEmil Ali
Hello Diana,

Thank you, it worked !!

By the way, without creating New Workspace, I only switched the Workspace, as you mentioned in your earlier comment.
Brendan DelaneyBrendan Delaney
Simple solution that worked for me, hit the middle mouse button(scroll click) when selecting the developer console
Ramona BarbieruRamona Barbieru
Worked for me too. Thanks for posting this.
Hjalti Hannesson 5Hjalti Hannesson 5

Thanks Brendan, opening the link in a new tab, instead just clicking it and opening in a new window, works.

In Chrome all related Salesforce/trailhead tabs stall/crash when I try to open the console normally.  Firefox gives me the option to wait or stop the script thats causing the issue, which is:

Script: https://resourceful-bear-31025…02913162000/sfdc/CodeMirror.js:96

Altough this is my first time encountering this issue, it seems to be happening somewhat to others.

Adithya SreyajAdithya Sreyaj
Thanks Diana....it worked <3
Raj DharaRaj Dhara
Thanks Brendan....the mouse middle button click really worked. Thanks once again.
praveen sappidipraveen sappidi
it worked  for me when i launched  through google chrome  incognito  :) 
Rahul Kumar DeyRahul Kumar Dey
@Diana It works for me --

https://<your salesforce instance>.lightning.force.com/_ui/common/apex/debug/ApexCSIPage
Meena25Meena25
@Diana it works for me, thanks but however i have to everytime now open using the url eventhough i have switched to new workspace. How can i avaoid that and open via developer console from sandbox?
Arti ShrivastavaArti Shrivastava
Simple solution that worked for me, hit the middle mouse button(scroll click) - this worked for me
Smita HodiggeriSmita Hodiggeri
Yeah swicthing the workspace worked for me too! Thanks
Vignasha Baldaniya 7Vignasha Baldaniya 7
It Works for me
https://<your salesforce instance>.lightning.force.com/_ui/common/apex/debug/ApexCSIPage
Jian Hu 22Jian Hu 22
The url solution does not work for me. 
It works by right click Develop Console to open a new tab, not just click Develop Console.
Selvan RKSelvan RK
If anyone has solutions to open the developer console as usual where we used to open not the new tab 
Pritish PatelPritish Patel
if anyone wants their dev console back to normal (Although you know about pasting the url will open it fine but you want it to be default). just paste the url and then click on workspace > new workspace. Enter any name you want and then close the window and open your regular console. Their click workspace > switch workspace > default (Now you are back to normal)
Shusen YiShusen Yi
Copy the Developer Console URL to a normal Broswer, load it. It works for me.

Krista Frank 5Krista Frank 5
Opening in a new tab worked for me. Thanks Hjalti!
Tomislav SenteTomislav Sente

@Arti Shrivastava - thank you, worked!
KAMPASATI NARESHKAMPASATI NARESH
The simple solution is just click on right mouse button on developee xonsole then select open in new window.