function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
John Neilan 2John Neilan 2 

Override Standard View Button and Inline Editing Disabled

I am having an issue where I need to override the standard New/Edit/View buttons on Cases with Visualforce pages.  These pages are just re-directs as I need to have 1 Case record type that is replaced by custom VF pages.  All other record types should go to the standard URLs that come up when the standard buttons are clicked.  The issue I am having is that overriding the standard buttons also disables inline editing, which cannot happen.  Does anyone know of a way to allow inline editing when standard buttons are disabled?  I know how to do it on the custom VF pages, but not on the standard pages.  Below is one of the VF pages overriding the View button, but it does not allow inline editing:

VF Page (View Button Override):
<apex:page standardcontroller="Case" extensions="VF_Controller_CaseView" action="{!CaseRedirect}">
    <apex:detail inlineEdit="true" relatedList="true"/>
</apex:page>
Controller:
//Controller to Override Case detail view to allow for Account Services VF pages but maintain standard pgs for all other cases
public with sharing class VF_Controller_CaseView{

public Case c1;

public VF_Controller_CaseView(ApexPages.StandardController controller){
        this.c1 = (Case)controller.getRecord();
    }

public PageReference CaseRedirect() {

Case recType = [SELECT Id, RecordType.Name
                        FROM Case
                        WHERE Id =: c1.Id];

if(recType.RecordType.Name == 'AcctSvcs'){
            PageReference pageRef = new PageReference('/apex/VF_CaseView?id=' + recType.Id);
            return pageRef;
        }
        else{
            PageReference pageRef2 = new PageReference('/' + recType.Id + '?nooverride=1');
            return pageRef2;
        }
    }
}

SFDC GuestSFDC Guest
Hi John,

Please enable the inline Editing as shown below.
Go to Setup --> Build --> Customize --> User Interface --> enable "Enable Inline Editing"

User-added image

Please mark it as best answer if it resolved your problem.

Thank You,
Sohel Mohd