function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
John ClevelandJohn Cleveland 

Case Page Layout for Close button on Case List View

What page layout or layout is used when a user clicks the "Close" button from a Case List View? I need to know how I can add fields to the page that's displayed there.
Akash_CRMAkash_CRM
Hi John,

You can navigate to the Closed Case Page layout from Setup > Customize > Cases > Page Layouts > Case Close Page Layouts.

Another simple way would be to open a Closed Case and click on the Edit Page Layout button.

Regards,
Akash.

That isn't the page layout. The close case page layout has many fields. This layout only has 3 fields on it. Thanks, John
GauravGargGauravGarg
Hi John,

If you need to add more fields on Case Close List view that is available when we open Case tab. 

Please click on Edit button next to list view, scroll down and add desired field. Also, you can re-order them as per you requirements. 

Hope this will help you. 

Thanks,
Gaurav
You're not understanding the issue.  I know you can add fields and order them on the list view.  I'm trying to edit the page layout you get when you are closing a case from a list view.  So you're on a list view, click the box next to a case and click the Close button.  Attached are screen shots.  I want to add fields to the layout you get after you click Close.  I have fields that are required on a standard layout, but when you close a case from this list view, those fields aren't on the layout, so you can close the case without populating the fields that I have required on a standard layout.  So I need to modify the fields on this close page layout and require them so they're captured and close the loophole.  Also, it's not the page layout under Case Closed Page Layouts under case page layouts.  I've already checked there.  

Select a case in the list view and click the Close button.
List View

Page Layout after clicking Close from the List View.
Close Page Layout from List View
Akash_CRMAkash_CRM
Hi John,

The page you are referring to is standard CaseMassAction page and Salesforce currently doesn't provide an option to edit this page, below is an Idea for the same:

https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000BpNb

You can however create a Custom button for 'Case Close' and redirect users to a Visualforce page containing the set of desired fields.

Regards,
Akash.
Steve Lee 7Steve Lee 7
Hi John,

Sounds like there's a lot of missed communication going on in this thread. I think what you're looking for is this:
https://success.salesforce.com/ideaview?id=08730000000IeCqAAK

Basically, you need to grant the "Manage Cases" permission in the profile. However, Manage Cases grants a lot of additional permissions that you may *not* want to give to most users. The alternative option would be a custom solution (such as a VisualForce page) that grants a "mass-close" type of functionality.