function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sandy GaliSandy Gali 

Quick Action in Visualforce

We have an action of type ‘Custom Visualforce’ on a custom object called Trip. This action is added as a quick action in to the ‘Quick Actions in the Salesforce Classic Publisher’ menu in the page layout of the trip object.
The action is a simple visualforce page with firstname and lastname columns which when entered creates an account and also creates a related record for trip member object (after clicking the create member button). The objective of this VF page was a way for users to quickly create an account if it did not exist and doing it from the quick action on the page would save some time. There is a master detail relationship between trip and trip member and the trip members appear as a related list in the trip page layout.
Code is very similar to this. https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=custom_actions_vf_pages_for_object_actions.htm&langu_3
The issue is we the related list does not get refreshed once an account has been created using the quick action , I know this is not possible with standard sf and we may have to go for a VF page. Issue is users have to refresh the page to see if the trip member has been added to the page.
But I was also wondering if there was a better way of implementing this whole thing.
Any suggestion is much appreciated
VineetKumarVineetKumar
Well the link that you shared above, has a section where is says about refreshing the host page
"Requirements for Refreshing Host Pages"

If you want a custom action, whether object-specific or global, to refresh the feed on the page that hosts it, the Visualforce page you create to use as that action must:
Reference the publisher JavaScript file: <script type='text/javascript' src='/canvas/sdk/js/publisher.js'/>. (Creating custom Visualforce actions doesn’t require the Force.com Canvas SDK.)
Include this JavaScript call: Sfdc.canvas.publisher.publish({name : 'publisher.refresh', payload : {feed:true}});.

Let me know if this helps.
Sandy GaliSandy Gali
Unfortunately that only refreshes the feed part and not the related lists, I already tried that and does not help my case
VineetKumarVineetKumar
Then custom VF page would be your only bet
Mike_M_2Mike_M_2
You can use lightning components for this.