function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Laura Walker 28Laura Walker 28 

Triggering a Case to be Opened

Would it be possible to have a case triggered from a call type from logging an activity?

Here's the issue. I want it automated where if a new client is having an issue, the sales person can log an activity with a certain call type which will then do 2 things :

1. Open a case
2. Send an automated email to 3 or 4 people.

Is it possible?  
GauravGargGauravGarg
Hi Laura,

1. First point in above scenario is possible using Trigger logic and,
2. For second requirement, we need to have the email id of the user's for triggering email alerts. Yes, we can implement this too.

Please let me know if you need assistance on this.

Thanks,
Gaurav
Email: gauravgarg.nmims@gmail.com
sathishkumar periyasamysathishkumar periyasamy
Laura, Can you please confirm my understnading - taking here loudly

1. Sales person will log a activity on the Account object record? right?
2. are they creating Task or Event?
3. Once activity create based certain Call Type you want to create Case and Send email to certian group?
4. Do you want to email to Internal user or external user? If it external user then you should think about salesforce email limitation.

Based above question answer I can give you the best solution for your requirment.

Thanks,
Sathish P

Sure!

1. Sales person will log a activity on the Account object record? right?  Correct- 
2. are they creating Task or Event? It would be a Task - "Log a call"  and when they select a certain Call Result, it would trigger the case to open.. 
3. Once activity create based certain Call Type you want to create Case and Send email to certian group?   Correct-  When the activity is logged under the call result, a case would be opened and an automated email would go to 3 or 4 internal people.
4. Do you want to email to Internal user or external user? If it external user then you should think about salesforce email limitation.  Internal

sathishkumar periyasamysathishkumar periyasamy
Thanks for your response. Yes you can create trigger on the Task object and create case up on call Result and send email using workflow email alert.

Please let me know if you have any question or any help

Do you have any documentation on this?  Much appreciated..  if you want, you can email it..  08fjchic@gmail.com
GauravGargGauravGarg

Hi Laura,

Trigger taskTrigger on Task (after insert){
List<case> caseListToInsert = new List<Case>();
  for(Task t: Trigger.new){
       Case c = new Case();
        c.description = t.description;
        c.subject = t.subject;
        c.status = 'new';
        c.origin = 'web';
     caseListToInsert .add(c);
  }
  if(caseListToInsert  != null && caseListToInsert.size() > 0)
     insert caseListToInsert ;
}

Now, you need to create Workflow rule to trigger email alerts to the users. 

Hope this will help you. 

Thanks,

Gaurav
Email: gauravgarg.nmims@gmail.com