function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Andrea SloanAndrea Sloan 

Close Date Field-I need to have the ability to make this field non mandatory

Our opportunities are entered strictly though an integration. Our business does not always contain a Closed Date field. This  causes many issues because the Closed Date field is mandatory in Salesforce and thus an empty Close Date field prevents the opoprtunity from either being created or updated in Salesoforce from our integration. We get errors point that the Close Date is missing. Create a Process Builder or Workflow to automatically insert "Today's Date" inside that field doesn't help because the trigger only fires off once the record is saved to perform my workflow. However, the record won't save if the Close Date field is empty. I cannot ask the business to have a date value populated for me for all the cases. What can I do? I need to somehow tell salesforce to force a date in for any given record for the field. We don't care what it is as we don't use that field. We just want the record to get into Salesforce. Is there some visualForce page or Apex trigger that could be created to have this performed? Again, our records are integrated and there are no manual entries. I am a system admin and don't know too much about how to write the correct syntax of a code if something could be done. I would require help with the syntax if possible.