function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Chris Collier 6Chris Collier 6 

Long times for pulling to IDE

Hi I'm getting back into SF development and was setting up the Force.com IDE today.  When pulling my project from my sandbox, I gave it about 10 minutes and nothing - frozen completely.  I tried The Welkin Suite and was able to get the project to download, but it took forever.  Now I'm trying to pull down individual classes and triggers and am getting similar delays (two minutes for a class that is < 30 lines of code deep - currently on a 5 minute wait for a 200-line trigger).  I'm on na30 - is this wait time normal?

I've tried disabling Windows firewall and my connection is 100+Mbps both up and down.
Best Answer chosen by Chris Collier 6
Tuan LuTuan Lu
I actually prefer to work out of the dev console as that is the fastest option for write and run. I use the migration tool to snapshot my code for source control and for release deployments.

All Answers

Tuan LuTuan Lu
I actually prefer the Migration Tool instead of the Eclipse plugin. You can customize the package.xml to just include your customizations to make the fetch and deploy faster.
Chris Collier 6Chris Collier 6
I've never used it.  It sounds like you would just code in your text editor of choice and then deploy using the Migration Tool?  I personally don't like Eclipse so any alternative would be great for me.
Tuan LuTuan Lu
I actually prefer to work out of the dev console as that is the fastest option for write and run. I use the migration tool to snapshot my code for source control and for release deployments.
This was selected as the best answer