function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SF Developer AccordSF Developer Accord 

How can I test an unmanaged package?

Hi, I create an unmanaged package in a Development Edition and I need to install on another site to test if it works ok. How can I do it? what kind of account do I need?

I try on a trial version of Professional Edition but have the following error:

This app can't be installed.
There are problems that prevent this package from being installed.
Apex Classes(classes/MockHttp_GetConditions.cls-meta.xml) Missing featureInstalling this package requires the following feature and its associated permissions: Apex Classes

What should I do?

Thanks
Pablo
Best Answer chosen by SF Developer Accord
jigarshahjigarshah
Pablo,

Salesforce Professional Edition orgs neither permit writing Apex code nor allow Apex code from unmanaged packages to exist. Hence an Unmanaged Package cannot be installed on a Professional Edition org.

However, you can try installing the same on another Developer, Developer Pro, Enterprise or Unlimited Edition Salesforce orgs and it will work. Only thing you will need to do so is to have the installation url of the unmanaged package at hand, which I presume you already have.

1. Login to the Salesforce Org belonging to Developer, Developer Pro, Enterprise or Unlimited Editions
2. Copy the Unamanged Package Url in the browser tab and hit Enter.
3. Follow the installation wizard steps.
4. It may take some time to complete the package installation. Once the installation is complete you should get an email on the email address registered against the Salesforce User through which you have logged into the org.
5. Once you recieve the email, you can navigate to Setup > Installed Packages and search for the package name within the list of installed packages. If the package appears it means it has been installed successfully on the org.

Please mark the thread as SOLVED and answer as the BEST ANSWER if it helps address your issue.