function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Richard CoadyRichard Coady 

Invalid request, this operation has not been enabled for this Account or Data Extension.

Hi,
This is a newbie question but I have not been able to find the reason whay..

I have been palying with the REST api and when I try to update a data extension I get the following error?
"Invalid request, this operation has not been enabled for this Account or Data Extension."

https://www.exacttargetapis.com/data/v1/async/dataextensions/key:6B9BBF80-8E6A-4AD9-8A89-1071E4C760EC/rows

On the package I have turned on READ/WRITE on dataextensions, and the user I log in as has the appi user option switched on.  The authentication request runs ok but the add update fails.
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Richard,

Sorry for this issue you are encountering.

PFB the below steps to resolve the issue. 
  • Go to Welcome -> Choose Accounts. 
  • From the drop-down Choose FTP Accounts. 
  • Click on Create FTP User, Provide the Password as your MID will be your default User Name. 
  • Wait for few seconds to get refreshed. 
  • Once the FTP User is added, you will be able to upload CSV in your Data Extensions.
Still, if the problem persists then I would suggest you please reach out to the marketing cloud representative which should probably do the trick.

Please let us know if this helps.

Thanks,
Nagendra 
Maria Lluch Rodriguez de Diego LloMaria Lluch Rodriguez de Diego Llo
Hello, Richard, did you find the solution? I had seen Nagendra's reply but I think are two different things. I have the same problem as Richard. When doing a REST Api call to update a Data Extesion I get the following error message "Invalid request, this operation has not been enabled for this Account or Data Extension"
Lucas CorreiaLucas Correia
Hi, Maria/Richard, did you find the solution? I'm with this same problem.