function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KevlangdoKevlangdo 

external web app integration

Hi

I am building an app external to Salesforce but I want the app to read and write data to a custom object in salesforce via an API. However the app will be available to authenticated users in Salesforce only via a web tab or a Visualforce tab (embedded app). According to the doc I need to docs I need to setup OAuth to allow users to access the Rest APIs:

In the Connected App configuration, we are require to define a callback url. This is the first time I am using OAUth. Do I need to create a web page for the callback? What url to use. Is it to a page in my app or a page in salesforce.

Also, I want the users to access the app and the data through Salesforce without requiring to login each time or have to accept a callback each time. So How can I use SSO with Rest web methods that is transparent to the end users

How to make the external app visible to logged in users from a web tab. I tried different web pages and it is always blank  without needing to use Canvas

Thanks
Rahul KumarRahul Kumar (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Kevlangdo,

May I suggest you please refer the below link to reference. hope it helps.

Please mark it as best answer if the information is informative.

Thanks
Rahul Kumar
KevlangdoKevlangdo
Hello, Thanks for information. I have already read those posts before posting to the forum. These don't tell me how to define a callback URL. Do I provide a static endpoint?, Do I create a custom web page? The Canvas Developer Guide doesn't provide enough step-by-step instructions with detailed examples to be useful Also, another point which I forgot to mention, we have business partner that shares opportunities with us. They connect to our Salesforce org via Dell Boomi. This is a system to system data transfer. If I want to use a REST API, how do you implement a callback url to allow access. Thanks Kevin
Amtulla GatebohriAmtulla Gatebohri
I too have same set of questions. How to authenticate a salesforce person using SSO. Do i need to configure connected app? & What would be the call back URl?
Neel YangNeel Yang
After all, one of the main advantages of contacting us is a sense of responsibility and loyalty to our customers that other similar companies do not have. Essay writing service like this https://www.collegessaywriter.com/term-paper/ all overcome the stress of campus life and know that a little help can be a huge help.